Is it normal to feel a little lost after surgery?

(deactivated member)
on 10/23/14 1:51 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I hope to feel amazing at 2 week post op! and 36lbs is impressive, congrats! Thank you for the encouraging words. :) Will be following your journey on the forums!

(deactivated member)
on 10/23/14 1:49 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Thanks Karen, always great advice, I think I will feel better with her home too. It is a very lonely journey and challenging right now, with no one to keep me company. Plus she makes me smile everyday, being the goofy basset hound she is. And you're right, she will get me up and going more.

Hoping my head will be 'in the game' by next week... But right now, confusion is a good word for how I feel.

Thanks again xoxo

Karen M.
on 10/24/14 12:13 am - Mississauga, Canada

Yeah, it can be a very lonely journey at times, you're right.

Jennifer, if/when you feel up to it, would you like to meet for a decaf and a chat? Close to your home so you don't have to travel, I'll come to you. Everyone needs a friend through this. Try not to isolate yourself, okay?

Will send you a PM.

Karen xo

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 10/24/14 8:49 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I've always been a homebody... Probably due to the weight, but I do just love the comforts of my own space  I got your PM, and I would love too, will be in touch xoxo

Charms112
on 10/23/14 3:42 am - Canada

This too shall pass, are words I meditate on in stressful times. I just want to encourage you to remember all of those amazing before and after pictures and stories of the people on this site who have gone through what you are going through. Ohemgee you will be a success story for others to read soon!!  Thinking of you and wishing for you a speedy recovery!

Referral sent: April 17th 2014.  HRRH gave me my Orientation date:  June 19th 2014. Orientation: July 10th 2014. Received my first surgeon's appointment: August 25th 2014.  Surgeon's appointment scheduled: September 12th 2014. Dietitian and Social Worker and Dr. Glazer: October 6th 2014.  Nurse: October 7th 2014. Surgeon appointment October 22, 2014.  Surgery scheduled: December 19, 2014

(deactivated member)
on 10/23/14 2:19 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Thank you so much Charms! I hope one day to be an amazing before and after :D

andy M.
on 10/23/14 3:31 pm - fairfax, VA
with

Keep it going girl! One day at a time. You in the phase I call the, "WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING" Stage. Trust me, it gets SOOOO much better!!! The first few weeks you don't even feel like your living really, it just feels like blah, i'm here and i am tired and i am tired of sipping on this water all day! lol atleast i was like that. But once you get off the pain meds and your body starts healing from the surgery, yo will feel like your old self! Then in a few more weeks, you'll feel 100x's better than your old self.  know for me i was off all my blood pressure and diabetes medicine within 2 months ( I had surgery 5/20/14) And after only those short 2 months, i actually started to feel healthy and feel like a normal person again, its been years since i felt like i do now. Its just so amazing to see the scale actually start going down, and seeing your clothes start to get big on you, being able to walk around the block or up stairs without being out of breathe....Awwww these things are just soooo amazing, you will be so thrilled once you start to experience the rewards from making the choice to have WLS and do the hard work that goes along hand and hand with it...So keep your chin up and take it day by day, Just remember to ALWAYS  stay hydrated, eat your proteins first and watch carefully what and how much your eating and you'll be great!

Most Active