Has anyone got a Fissure After Surgery

Patrick545
on 10/19/14 2:01 pm

I believe this happened from the Surgery (a side effect) , (4 weeks ago)

I did not go the bathroom for about a wee****il after Surgery ( i was in crazy pain when it happened)

i believe it is a fissure (never had one before)

I almost do not want to go to the bathroom anymore

Has this happened to anyone ?

Catw
on 10/19/14 8:09 pm - Arnprior, Canada

The fissure is not directly related to the surgery.  It would have been caused by your bathroom visit, as it sounds like it wasn't the easiest. (I've had a couple not related to any surgery) It's similar to having cracked lips where it heals on it's own, nothing to worry about.  The skin is over stretched and will crack.  Larger harder stools will do this.  Just take steps so that you don't get as constipated.  Make sure you are drinking all your water and moving around etc.  Some will take stool softeners when they get constipated, so that it's not as difficult.

Cathy

Monica M.
on 10/19/14 10:37 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

could it be hemorrhoids? those can be quite painful as well.

Needanewbeginning
on 10/19/14 10:44 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Are you sure its an anal fissure? I had one a couple of years ago. They take sometime to develop and are extremely painful. I ended up needing surgery to fix it, not fun.

You must get more fibre in and lots of fluids. It will help. Its hard to do I know. I added simply clear innulin fibre to bottles of water and got those in me for several months post op. It really helps.

Good luck, keep well.

Annette 😄

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Karen M.
on 10/20/14 12:11 am - Mississauga, Canada

You need to see a doctor about this - please get an appointment ASAP.

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active