OPTI DAY 13

(deactivated member)
on 10/18/14 7:46 pm, edited 10/18/14 7:52 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Avoided the scale, for the most part during OPTI, stomach was a rumbling tonight, weighed in, and I'm down 12 lbs... I'll take it. I for some reason, assumed I'd lose 20+ lbs on OPTI. I always dream big! 

ANYWAY! by this time tomorrow, I'll be on my way out the door to head to TWH for surgery. HOLY FACK!

Miss my dog already.  It will be worth it, when I'm physically able to take her on speedier much lengthier walks, and hopefully one day, maybe even run with her. Although, she's a basset hound, so might be aiming too high there. With the running thing. 

I still keep thinking, what if I show up and they cancel it because of something' or what if they open me up and find something terribly wrong with me. I guess it's normal to think these things? Maybe..it's just that it's here. It's happening. It's real.  IM ****TING BRICKS! 

And seriously counting down the days until I can enjoy anything other than OPTI, broth, tea. The thought of being able to enjoy OATMEAL soon almost makes me cry happy tears. 

EllenMW
on 10/18/14 8:49 pm

Good luck tomorrow!! you will be just fine!! I lost a total of almost 20lbs on opti, but then i was on it for 3 wks!!

(deactivated member)
on 10/18/14 9:20 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Thanks Ellen! And congrats on your awesome start :) 

Franny1977
on 10/18/14 11:19 pm - Canada

hey jennifer i just post i only lost 12lb as of today,i also assumed i would have 20lb as of today too isnt that funny......lol

roxytrim
on 10/18/14 11:46 pm - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

you are at the "funnest" part of this journey, like the spring of the year.  All your hard work and preparation will pay off, relax and let the  pros take care of you.

Your little hound will have to wait a bit for mommy to get back to the walkies but look out pooch and prepare for superwalker!

Get good rest today and tonight, you will be on the bench pushing the fluids before you know it.

msmuggins
on 10/19/14 12:00 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

Good luck, Jenn!  And way to go on surviving Opti!  I'll be sending you healing vibes tomorrow, you'll do great!  

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

margarita_mrs
on 10/19/14 1:04 am

LOL about the Basset Hound.  Will be thinking of you tomorrow.  Things will be fine.  Our brains just seem to have a habit of coming unleashed and freaking us out.  The end of a journey is upon you and the beginning of something totally new awaits.  I can't wait till it's my day before and I'm freaking out about all the crazy **** that will pop into my head.

Enjoy this beautiful Sunday!!  Looking forward to hearing from you tomorrow night!

Referral sent- June/July 2014  Orientation GGH- Aug. 28/14  SW/Nurse/Nutritionist- Sept. 18/15  SW/Nurse/Nutritionist Part 2- Nov. 18/15  Pre-surgery education class- Feb. 9/15  Meet surgeon - Mar. 23/15  Surgery date- May 29, 2015  A great day to start a new chapter in my life!

jaxie77
on 10/19/14 1:22 am, edited 10/19/14 1:23 am - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

LOL !! Oh dear ! You made me laugh when I read this ! I feel exactly the same way with regards to them opening me up and then halting the wholé process to then give me terrible news of the awful disease they have found !!! Lol ...I guess it's all normal thoughts ! 

But hey ,you made it ! You've did so well :) It will all be over soon and you and your wee puppy will be running around crazy together again in no time ! 

Will be thinking of you tomorrow chick , everything wilol be fine , look forward to your next post xxxx 

Hugs x 

Jax x

Patrick545
on 10/19/14 2:11 am

you will be fine tomorrow,

The Surgery itself for me was nothing (1 hour) got the sleeve

Just think that your like a new born tomorrow and your new life begins

Kate M.
on 10/19/14 3:47 am - toronto, Canada

Congrats, you've got an awesome attitude. Dream big, maybe you and the basset can do a light jog sometimes? 

Most Active