Ottawa

birdiegirl
on 10/22/14 8:38 pm, edited 10/22/14 8:38 pm

I am so angry at those ******s ( this will get moderated) who cowardly attack innocents.

I loved our Prime Ministers speech that we will not be intimidated

I hope all of you in Ottawa begin to go about your lives in as normal fashion as allowed today

I loved the playing of the Canadian Anthem at the Pittsburgh/Philly hockey game last night - thanks to our neighbours to the south

I love my Florida neighbours who called us last night to say how sorry they were for what has happened

I remember when 9/11 happened and I immediately purchased all the U.S flags locally in stock and flew them at my business locations to show support for the American people - they didn't forget.

Yeah I am pissed

TES
on 10/22/14 10:05 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Thanks Birdiegirl.  It was a strange, crazy day.

Personally speaking, I am angry and I am saddened by I refuse to be cowed or afraid.  The men (and I use that term loosely) who did this yesterday (and another attack on military members 2 day prior), are trash.  They were born & raised Canadians who felt that this country wasn't good enough for them.  So they join these "radical" groups who prey on misfits and outcasts like those wastes of flesh.

They can make us stumble, but they cannot make us fall.  Canada is bigger and better than the sum total of those pieces of trash.  We will not hate like they hated.  We will love and support and grow and be better.

Canada, true north, STRONG and FREE.

Tonia (TES).

kellybelly333
on 10/22/14 11:12 pm - Toronto, Canada

Awful, awful **** right there. I worked on Parliament Hill years ago, as a reporter and photographer, and it is so easy to get in there (it's been awhile, so i'm not sure how much security changed, but it will now). I was thinking of the reporters sitting in the Press Gallery, on lockdown. A flurry of stories being written from the inside for sure.

We will NOT be intimidated! 

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Patm
on 10/22/14 11:14 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

We have become complacent that these things happen in other countries. The violence is now here and it is hard to comprehend. I am very saddened by the violence and loss of life. These people had the benefits of growing up in a great country and have turned their back on the freedoms they take for granted.

Most Active