I love me some pain meds

(deactivated member)
on 10/20/14 10:44 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Well all went well, and the docs and nurses can't stop commenting on my tattoos (yes I have tattoos, very large ones) that I don't really show in my 9-5 work life' that's the last thing I remember before passing out after the anesthetic. Them asking me about them all. 

It it being my first ever surgery, the operating room was a bit daunting, with about ten people there, and three standing over you doing various things, but luckily I passed out straight away around 8am,  and did not wake up until 3pm. Since then I've bern pretty awake, and definitely glad I did bring my laptop, and got a private room. Private rooms are so much more comfy, and it was only $40 more a night, on top of my coverage, WELL worth it.

Sipping water easily, and was able to swallow a Tylenol they gave. I was very nervous about the pain meds, and how they would make me feel, if I'd get too loopy'  but I LOVE them, they help so much, and bring me to relaxed dreamy state. 

The pain is bearable, but does hurt much more if I move. But still, I was able to bring myself to the bathroom, and am taking my mini walks. The staff are really taking care of me, TWH has been amazing. 

So so that's it, that's my update, and in about 19 minutes, I'll be getting more pain meds, then off to sleepy land for me  catching up from not even one hour last night. 

Everything in my life just changed, and I couldn't be happier. 

1HealthyMomma
on 10/20/14 11:01 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 10/07/14

Glad all went well!

Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass On October 7,2014 with Dr. Hagen   

(deactivated member)
on 10/20/14 11:17 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

So far, so good! Thank you 

Patm
on 10/20/14 11:24 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Congratulations. Hope you heal fast. Enjoy the meds

(deactivated member)
on 10/20/14 11:25 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Thanks Patm! 

jaxie77
on 10/20/14 11:28 am, edited 10/20/14 11:28 am - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

YAY !!!! You did it ! Awww so glad all went well dear ! And very encouraging to hear that TWH treated you well . Keep up the good work , and I totally hear you about the pain meds . There is nothing better than when in pain you are then transported away the fairies !! Lol ......

Hope tomorrow is just as positive for you . Happy and excited for you Missus ! 

Jax xx

Sassy75
on 10/20/14 11:46 am - North York, Canada

Congratulations!!!! Keep walking to get rid of the gas 

ChristineV
on 10/20/14 11:58 am

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Franny1977
on 10/20/14 11:59 am - Canada

Congrats JenniferJennifer

Zizzler
on 10/20/14 12:23 pm

So happy for you and it does change your life.  Congratulations!

Most Active