Orientation went great!!

jessiak
on 10/17/14 5:40 am - Thunder Bay, Canada

I had myself so over worked about orientation. What a breeze. We watched a power point, and the social worker and dietician spoke to us (FYI -- going through Thunder Bay). They were fabulous!! After orientation, I got my requisition for blood work and ECG, my appointment for my abdominal ultrasound AND my medical intake appointment. Because Thunder Bay has 2 new surgeons here, they're upping the amount of surgeries they do from 4 per week, to three per DAY! The ladies told us to expect surgery for December. Early December for those *****quire less tests, and late December for those *****quire more. I can't believe its happening so fast! I officially am off of caffeine (and have a killer headache already.. woo one day at a time!).

Referral sent : July 29, 2014 |  Orientation : Oct 17, 2014  |  Blood work & ECG : Oct 20, 2014  |  Medical Intake : Oct 23, 2014  | Ultrasound Appt : Nov 3, 2014 | Dietician : Nov 5th, 2014  |   Psychologist : Nov 6, 2014  | Opti : Jan 15th |  Surgery : Jan 28th

Jenbg
on 10/17/14 7:47 am - London, Canada

Wow that's super quick!!

Mine wasn't so quick (as you can see in my signature) but i'm 3 weeks away now and started the optifast a few days ago.

Congrats!

Jennifer Buckley-Golder * Hamilton, On CANADA * Revision Surgery Date: November 14, 2014 (stapeling to RNY) * down 50 lbs Jan 12, 2015 *

mysha
on 10/17/14 2:35 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada

That is really fast tracking!!  I too am going through Thunder Bay...had my referral in Aug 2013 and my orientation was in Feb 2014...was just at the Centre on Thursday (I saw the sign for your orientation class..lol) and met with Dr. Cassie and have been booked for Nov 4th..and I thought I was quick. The longest wait I had was for my ultrasound...once that was done it went quick..was even just diagnosed with sleep apnea last month and responding well.  

Good luck to you..the team at the Bariatric Centre are wonderful.  If you want to bounce anything off of me just message me.

jessiak
on 10/19/14 7:59 am - Thunder Bay, Canada

Good to hear! So far I've only met a dietician and a social worker (and their names are escaping my head!). I can't wait to get this ball rolling. Good luck with your surgery! I'll be watching for updates :)

Referral sent : July 29, 2014 |  Orientation : Oct 17, 2014  |  Blood work & ECG : Oct 20, 2014  |  Medical Intake : Oct 23, 2014  | Ultrasound Appt : Nov 3, 2014 | Dietician : Nov 5th, 2014  |   Psychologist : Nov 6, 2014  | Opti : Jan 15th |  Surgery : Jan 28th

Most Active