Toronto Western Hospital, University of Toronto Bariatric Centre of Excellence

melaniealbert_1978
on 10/14/14 1:17 am - Oakville, Canada

Just checked on line and this is where I will be having my surgery.  Still have not got a call yet.

Just wondering what everyone's experience was like here and what was the wait like to get a call from  them?

Shiloh25
on 10/14/14 2:47 am - Kitchener, Canada

Hi there. It took me 3 weeks to get my approval letter from TWH, once my doctor faxed over their referral (end of May 2014, letter came in June). In letter, I was given an Orientation date of Aug 27th. Once I attended that date I was given my first two appts: Social Worker (Sept 29) and Nurse Practitioner (org Jan 5th but changed it to Nov 25th). I have now had my SW appt and it was very well. I haven't heard anything yet about my Psychologist appt but I may find that out once I'm at my Nurse Practioner appt. So I still have Nutrition class. Psychologist, Intern and Surgeon appt as best as I can recall of all the appts that are needed. Any extra appts could possibly come if I need anymore based on Nurse appt I think.

That's I I have for you as my experience thus far. All the people I have met at the hospital have been friendly. 

Cheers Tina

Referral sent- May 14/14 Referral received- June 3/14 Orientation at Toronto Western - Aug 20/14 Social Worker Appt - Sept 29/14 Nurse Practitioner Appt - Nov 25/14, Nutrition Class Dec 9/14, Dietician Dec 16/14, Nurse Follow up Dec 17/14, Psychiatrist - Dec 18/214, Surgeon - Feb 13/15 Surgery - Apr 7/15

Most Active