Newbi...kinda.

Jenbg
on 10/17/14 12:29 am - London, Canada

Hello!

I'm new to the forum...

My surgery date is set for Nov.07.2014. I started my liquid (opitfast) 2 days ago as my Dr wanted me on it for 3 week before surgery. I will be having either the Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass or Laparoscopic Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy.

This is not my first WLS. Back over 20 years ago I had what they called "Stomach Stapeling". VERY old school now, and it lasted about a month before the staples let go. At the time I didn't want to go threw it all again to fix the problem. (had just also had to have my gallbladder removed as a side effect from that surgery).  Now 20 plus years later I am having it fixed/a new method done.

I'm from Hamilton, Ontario and having the surgery done at St. Joseph's Hospital by Dr. Hong.

Just wanted to introduce myself.... :)

Jennifer Buckley-Golder * Hamilton, On CANADA * Revision Surgery Date: November 14, 2014 (stapeling to RNY) * down 50 lbs Jan 12, 2015 *

Catw
on 10/17/14 2:23 am - Arnprior, Canada

Welcome to the group!  You'll find a lot of different backgrounds here, but well all have the same thing in common.  If you need suggestions on how to change the flavor of Opti, check out the recipe forum ( http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/discussion/ ).  There's a thread in there called Surviving Optifast.

Things have definitely changed in the last 20 years, which I'm sure you've noticed.  Including the support that you can find.  You've found us on here, but there are also a number of groups that meet for coffee etc. Just keep watching, usually a couple days before, someone posts when and where the meeting is.

Cathy

Most Active