Feeling alone

Ipatton
on 10/17/14 5:28 am - Canada

You are not alone, so many of us face the same judgement. educate yourself, be confident in your decision and do what you need to do be happy and healthy. 

My wife was of a similar mindset as your husband, she has since realized that I need this and has been awesome in changing the entire way we operate our family for the better so I do have good support now. 

The "you are taking the easy way out" argument is so ignorant and I have grown tired of explaining that to people who believe it, to me it is about as ignorant as the whole "immunizations cause autism" belief and these people just can't be reasoned with no matter what facts you present them. 

You need to get healthy for you, if you have to be a bit selfish, do it, if you are informed and have decided that this is for you then try not to worry about what other people think, in a few years when you are living a happy healthy life, none of it will matter how you got there anyways.

onlysunnydaysahead
on 10/17/14 7:06 am
RNY on 05/12/15

I completely understand how you feel. It is hard to find the support of others when you actually need it. I am very .. or at least feel very alone in my decision. My husband unknowingly sabotages my beginning as I am sure he will try after my wls. He brings home my favorite ice cream. That started when I decided to get the surgery. He never kept my ice cream stocked until then. That was when I knew he wasn't going to be a big help. But here is the brighter side, There are classes prior to surgery for most places. I have a 24 weeks class and just completed week 5. It is sop amazing to see the way you feel from a spectator point of view. So many of these people are feeling and going through everything you are and will go through. I have just stared a group on here for the people in my class. I want their support and to see their progress now and 10 years from no if possible! I think once you start your classes you will feel better. You will have everyone on your side. Also. This website is the most helpful of websites I have found. You will do just fine with all of us here. 

Good Luck!

~Only Sunny Days Ahead~

Most Active