OPTIFAST IS HARD - DAY 9

(deactivated member)
on 10/13/14 8:27 pm, edited 10/13/14 8:28 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I feel starved. I am having a cup of broth, a litre of water, and one Opti per meal. All at once. And finishing all three in attempt to feel satisfied. And no, it has not become easier. 

EYE ON THE PRIZE!!!

Catw
on 10/13/14 11:17 pm - Arnprior, Canada

How long are you taking to drink all of this?  Try spacing it out a bit, and seeing if that helps.  Let your tummy have something all the time, not just everything at once.  You can do this by setting a schedule up.  Break your day down so that you have your shake when you get up, and then evenly throughout the day.  Then have a glass of water or broth each hour until the next shake.  If you sip it, it will last longer.  Then you won't have as much time for your tummy to be empty.

Another thing you can try, is to use less water and make it a bit thicker to drink.

As you said, eye on the prize.  This stage won't last forever, and will make the next one even sweeter.

Cathy

(deactivated member)
on 10/14/14 7:47 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I do find to constantly be sipping something helpful. It takes me a while to get all three down, like 45-1hr.. I find I need all three to even feel remotely satisfied. In between that, lots of tea, and water...

Thanks for the advice, and yes, I do see that light at the end of this tunnel. Can't complain too much, only 5 more days to go..

Franny1977
on 10/13/14 11:53 pm - Canada

Jenifer I don't know what to say to you, but I am on day 9 and for me it easier only because am focusing and the bigger picture. Good luck.

(deactivated member)
on 10/14/14 7:45 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Good luck to you too Franny!

1HealthyMomma
on 10/14/14 4:06 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 10/07/14

Are you allowed any veggies?

Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass On October 7,2014 with Dr. Hagen   

(deactivated member)
on 10/14/14 7:44 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

NO FOOD AT ALL 

mermaidz
on 10/14/14 4:01 pm - Brampton, Canada

I remember being allowed to eat veggies. A cupful I think? Nice to see still inconsistent across the board lol

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

(deactivated member)
on 10/15/14 9:05 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Lol yes, I have noticed many inconsistencies from centre to centre! I would love a crunch of veggies right now. 4 more days! 

pegawatt
on 10/14/14 6:34 am - Canada

I was on it for a year, jello light was my best friend I ate as much as I WANTED 2 4 cup bowls a day and was told that was quite fine also had as much broth and tea as I wanted

Most Active