What are you eating/doing today (Thursday)

kellybelly333
on 10/15/14 11:38 pm - Toronto, Canada

Barb, do you still get RH if you had a bagel, and then do cardio? I find that the days that I don't run in the morning, or by lunch, are the days i'm prone to RH issues. Quote from Wiki "Exercising regularly; exercise increases sugar uptake which decrease excessive insulin release" - Of course, for me, even a day off from exercise (which to me is still "exercising regularly") can do me harm, if I don'****ch it. I've had a couple of episodes just from eating said breakfast, and not making out for my run, due to timing issues (which was due to bathroom issues before work LOL). 

Right now, in taper mode and carb-loading is tricky for me....but if I do protein first, then carbs I seem to be fine. Fingers crossed. I did have a slight reaction yesterday, but got chicken in me fast enough. 

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

birdiegirl
on 10/15/14 11:44 pm

good info re exercise and RH.....I sure notice if I dont include enough protein with carbs....I can drop quickly

TanyaLH
on 10/16/14 12:05 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

All good info. Thanks ladies :)

TanyaLH
on 10/16/14 12:03 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

Thanks Barb, I probably do need to increase the calories not that I am exercising more.

Karen M.
on 10/16/14 5:08 am - Mississauga, Canada

Tanya I looked up Fit4Less to see if they had one in my area because it sounded great! Unfortunately, it's at the GoodLife that's at least 30 minutes from me - boo! I'm glad you're enjoying it!

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

TanyaLH
on 10/16/14 12:00 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

awwww...that is too bad Karen. I am really enjoying it. I really like the weight workouts I am doing on the machines.

crqvingchange
on 10/16/14 10:38 am

Tanya information is released on a need to basis, right now I don't feel they need to know, lol.

Sorry about the RH.  I have had low blood sugar with my diabetes and it's kind of scary.  Be aware that 2.1 is dangerously low and could have caused a blackout.  You may need to test more frequently. 

TanyaLH
on 10/16/14 11:56 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13
On October 16, 2014 at 5:38 PM Pacific Time, crqvingchange wrote:

Tanya information is released on a need to basis, right now I don't feel they need to know, lol.

Sorry about the RH.  I have had low blood sugar with my diabetes and it's kind of scary.  Be aware that 2.1 is dangerously low and could have caused a blackout.  You may need to test more frequently. 

CC... you crack me up!

Before wls I took insulin 4 x day and 2 metformin x day...never had a low that low before. I will test more frequently.

kellybelly333
on 10/16/14 12:08 am - Toronto, Canada

I have a plan for the day, but the content is so ridiculous that I don't want to give anyone the wrong idea about food intake lol. Basically over 200 grams of carbs, 100 grams of protein. I will be eating all day line for the next three days. A different plan from last year's marathon, but I plan on being fully energized in Sunday. Post-WLS plan goes out the window....temporarily!!

Yoga today. :)

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Karen M.
on 10/16/14 12:50 am, edited 10/16/14 1:03 am - Mississauga, Canada

Morning all :)

Had a great time at cawfee-talk last night - small group but so much fun! Not a lot on the go today other than house/garden stuff and some cooking - leftovers/pre-prepared meals make life so easy and also so easy to eat on plan. Looks like everyone else has nice plans for today - enjoy! Barb, I enjoy reading about the movies you're seeing as most are on my list to see. I seriously need to find a friend who enjoys going OR just start going on my own, no harm in that either. lol  Someone asked me last night how often I have a protein shake being so far post-op - Every. Single. Day. Some good habits/routines are very worth the effort. Much like planning my meals every day.

8.5 years post-op

- coffee with milk x 3 over the morning - (out of cream, which makes me pissy in the morning)

B - Source Greek 50, Premier protein shake

S - 1 scrambled egg (this is iffy, the last one didn't agree with me, no idea why), 1 slice whole grain toast, sliced tomato

L - Source Greek 50, sliced apple for dipping, Havarti on a couple of melba toast

S - Chike protein iced coffee

D - homemade BBQ burger all the fixings no bun, small scoop coleslaw

S - not sure yet, likely just coffee or tea, maybe a Bengal Spice fog!

Have a great day!

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active