What are you eating/doing today (Thursday)

birdiegirl
on 10/15/14 7:05 pm

RNY  5 Years 6 Months Post Op

Morning

Lots on the go this morning - hoping to see The Judge this afternoon at the movies.  No Popcorn....will take some cheese and a few triscuits with me instead and a bottle of water.

STEPS - 3800  ...way too much sitting yesterday at lunch-dinner and getting my hair highlighted.  Have booked with my trainer again beginning the last week of October after a 3 months hiatus.

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

S - 1/2 quest bar

L - 3 ham roll ups - spaced a few hours apart

D - 6 PC Lean Italian beef meatballs

1/2 cup of tomato sauce

1 TBS of shredded parmesan

S - 1 Source dessert yogurt

9 low sodium triscuits with cheese...some for the movies and some for at night

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,071,  Carbs - 60 Grams,  Fat - 41 Grams,  Protein - 113 Grams

All water and vits

Have a great one  

crqvingchange
on 10/15/14 8:21 pm

Good morning everyone.  Barb you are right, I do tend to rotate the same meals, mostly because of so many leftovers in the fridge and freezer.  Your dinner sounds yummy.  Guelph does not let us have red meat for 6 months.  Tanya, good on you for signing up for the gym near you, hope you come to love it.  Karen, your parents sound like my inlaws with the computer lessons, they need the same lesson every few weeks.

Yesterday saw further advancement in my quest for warm pool domination.  I brought my 83 year old visitor and my friend of 30 years.  The ladies at the pool easily fell under the charms of my visitor.  They were chatting with him and laughing, all was going well until I heard one lady tell him that she had just made homemade butter tarts.  My panic immediately set in as we all know that the elderly often are swayed by the lure of home baking.  I thought of lying and telling him I knew of a bakery that imported the butter for their butter tarts (like he could tell the difference) but the thought of a small town bakery importing butter daily for their baking did seem a little incredulous.  I decided to strike at the heart of the male ego and change the subject away from yummy baked treats, I said "You know you can go at your own pace, don't fell the need to try and keep up.  Some of the older ladies just enjoy the warm water",  he took the bait and said "Are you kidding me, I can keep up with anyone".  Mission accomplished, myself and my 2 allies worked hard and made plenty of waves.  Surprisingly in the ladies change room they were all asking if I could bring my visitor tomorrow, apparently they have fallen for his charms, I must use this to my advantage.

13 weeks post-op

B. Chike before swimming, then another Chike after and lots of decaf coffee

S. Source Greek 50 yogurt

L. Leftover Shrimp chow mein

S. Danone Fit and Light Strawberry Cheesecake Greek Yogurt

D. Leftover 1/2 Dream Everything Bagel with Western Light cream cheese and smoked salmon

S. Fit Frappe hot chocolate x 2 over the evening

MFP totals cal. 798, Carbs 63, Fat 24, Protein 105

Have a good day everyone.  Kelly you are a human dynamo, have you every thought of swimming in a warm pool?

kellybelly333
on 10/15/14 11:28 pm - Toronto, Canada

I love warm pools, I hate cold pools. Right now our pool in the backyard is still open for one reason....it's my ice bath for after my marathon on Sunday. Then it will be closed :-) But no, i've never looked into warm pool exercise. Kind of like hot yoga i'm guessing, yes? I love hot yoga, so I think I would love this too. Nothing better than letting my extra skin float around me ;-)

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Karen M.
on 10/15/14 11:39 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Kelly, you do realize she has an ulterior motive in asking you? She's planning warm-pool-domination and needs more allies. LOL

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

kellybelly333
on 10/15/14 11:45 pm - Toronto, Canada

Ohhh. I haven't been up to speed here. lack of sleep, and not enough coffee here. I would totally get in on a warm pool domination though. 

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

TanyaLH
on 10/16/14 5:03 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

Lol...

Karen M.
on 10/15/14 11:38 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Best. Morning. Post. EVER.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Zizzler
on 10/16/14 12:16 pm

6 months until red meat-wow! Amazing how different each centre is.

TanyaLH
on 10/15/14 8:51 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

16 months post op

Step 13937

Morning everyone,

Barb, enjoy the movie, hope its a good one.

CC, LMAO!!!! I love your stories. Does your visitor and friend of 30 years know of your plan to take over the warm pool?

Today I am going to the gym again before work, I am loving it! 

A question for the vets, yesterday morning, I had breakfast and took the dog for a walk. Just after return from our walk, I got real shakey and hot/ sweaty, check my sugar with my old glucometer and was 2.1. Does this sound like Reactive Hypoglycimic symptoms?

I do have a Dr appointment next week and will be talking to her about this.

TIA

B-1/3 c Source Greek yogurt, 1 sl toast/1 tbs pb coffee (pre workout)

S- Pumpkin protein shake (post workout)

L- 3 oz chicken  1/2 c cesear salad

D- same as lunch

S- handful of raw almonds 4 oz skim milk

Be well everyone

Tanya

birdiegirl
on 10/15/14 9:30 pm

Hi Tanya

Yes - certainly sounds like RH to me.  That is one of the reasons I begin each day with a  protein shake.  Did you eat high carb or sugar the night before?.....sometimes I find R/H can strike quickly after ingesting carb/sugar without protein to stabilize ....and sometimes it is a cumulative thing with me.  Your breakfast yesterday looked good....but maybe not enough to carry you thru the walk...if I read it correctly you only had 2/3 cup of combined yogurt cottage cheese which would not be really high protein.  ( guessing around 8 grams?)  You might just need to eat more....your calories look really low ( are you eating around 7-800 per day?)

Just make sure you are getting enough protein to balance your day out.  Its a scary feeling and one of the reasons I always carry dex tabs with me

For example - If I begin the day with a bagel or muffin ( which I do very rarely ).  I am setting myself up for an episode of RH.  sometimes I can get away with it but most times I will react awhile later.  Good luck with this...its very manageable once you know your triggers

Most Active