Dermatitis , Eczema and Obesity

Jiliana2
on 10/10/14 9:10 am - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

Oh yeah. That stuff is good for minor spots or problems. My daughter has a few patches too and that's what the doc recommended. Now she begs me for it; the scent of it soothes her. 

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

Karen M.
on 10/10/14 11:10 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I have only used their original formula (in a jar, not a tube) - completely unscented. Funny though the things that can soothe our children. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 10/10/14 1:32 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I will definitely seek this out. I am desperate! I will try any recommendation. You never know. I keep finding new tiny itchy dry spots! They make me panic.

Kate M.
on 10/11/14 5:09 am - toronto, Canada

I have eczema and the glaxol base actually irritated it. The only thing that works for me is cortisone (prescription strength) on places where the skin is tough like legs, feet, arms, and then Protopic (also a prescription) on delicate skin like the face. The only other thing that helped was getting a full allergist screening for triggers & removing all scented products from direct contact with my skin (laundry detergent, soap, shampoos, etc). Cetaphil or Cera Ve lotions/cleansers are nice and gentle, or Spectro Gel. Good luck!

mommast
on 10/11/14 6:35 am
with

Have you considered essential oils? My son has eczema and boy did those oils help. Not only with his eczema but other things as well like eat infections etc... Something to consider. 

mysha
on 10/14/14 12:47 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada

I really hope that my eczema and psoriasis can clear up some once I have surgery..I also have a rash under my breasts and in the groin area, using canesten with a kick, it flared up when I moved this summer and has subsided somewhat but afraid with impending surgery the stress doesn't make me itch like crazy.  My psoriasis is all over, mostly legs, lower back and scalp and eczema in and behind my ears...if only flakes of skin counted as lbs lost I would be thin...I leave a trail of flakes everywhere I go!  

Most Active