All about the boobs!!

19star71
on 10/9/14 12:42 am

As many of us know, the girls take a real beating after surgery. I am less than 8 months out, but there is no doubt that I will eventually need to have some plastics done.

For normal day to day, a full support bra hides the droop and loose skin, but there are certain outfits that require some more attention.

I have a vacation coming up and need all new bathing suits, sun dresses, etc. I'm wondering if any veterans have some advice, tricks, etc for how to improve their appearance while wearing things that like.

Have you had better results from a certain style of bathing suit? Halter, bandeau, balconette, etc

Is there a style of bra that you stay away from?

Does taping them help?

I'd love to hear some input...especially if you have a great story to tell ;)

Surgery done by Dr Gmora at St. Joe's in Hamilton. Feb 3/14-- Pre opti weight: 327. Feb 19th --Day of Surgery weight: 308.  Current weight :175

Seyenna
on 10/9/14 12:47 am - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Sew a bra into your bathing suit

I'm not post-op yet but I research the crap out of everything, and this is one thing I thought of in advance, lol! Hope it helps.

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

19star71
on 10/9/14 1:17 am

It's a great idea!

My only concern is that I won't really know how the finished product will look. I think I would prefer to know right away, instead of buying a suit and bra with the hope that is would look better ;)

I guess I could try on the suit with a bra on. Worth a try anyway!

Surgery done by Dr Gmora at St. Joe's in Hamilton. Feb 3/14-- Pre opti weight: 327. Feb 19th --Day of Surgery weight: 308.  Current weight :175

NorthernStar
on 10/9/14 2:38 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

Let me tell you about my friend Vicky. She will fix all your problems!

Seriously - Victoria's Secret. Get fitted and check out their selection. Amazing what they can do. Full and demi coverage, some push up if you need it ****rtainly do!). They also have fantastic bathing suits. They are pricey but they offer the same benefits as their bras - shape, coverage and lift.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Patm
on 10/9/14 5:07 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I found victoria secret useless. I actual went to a small shop that specialized in fittings. I have lot so much boob that I actual have a mastectomy sport bra

NorthernStar
on 10/9/14 5:34 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

Really? They are the best fitting bras I have ever owned. Very comfortable and provide great shape/coverage too. I have been to lingerie shops but VS tops them. I like lacey, pretty, colourful. I wore ugly granny bras when I was overweight and never again. I always wear a pushup these days, I won't leave the house without one! I also love their Bombshell - it adds 2 cup sizes. Their Body by Victoria collection is excellent, it is more non-lingerie (i.e. showoff) type bras and everything is very comfortable. Their products are not comparable to say La Senza, they are very good quality.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Patm
on 10/9/14 5:39 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I would love to wear lacy etc but the fit is just not there. Too many push ups. I need something with a wide side to corral all the loose skin. I have almost as much boob under my arm as in front. LOL

(deactivated member)
on 10/9/14 3:55 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I wonder if anyone has went through WLS starting with very large boobage, and when they reached goal, their boobs stayed somewhat in tact.. 

Hopeful wishing here? Are all the boobs doomed to be lifeless, saggy, and flat after? Maybe those who haven't had children, are still relatively young'ish' (OK not really, 34 isn't that young) I really am just crossing my fingers and hoping I won't want to fork out the cash badly enough for a boob job, and that they will be OK...

Onward and
Downward

on 10/10/14 12:37 am, edited 10/10/14 12:37 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

I was a DDD at 336 lbs and wound up at a D at 175-185 lbs (that seems to be the range I'm in - I'm closer to 185 these days).  I don't know whether they'd get much smaller if I lost more weight, but this seems to be where my body's staying.  The issue for me isn't size, it's sag. They're pretty darn droopy these days when I let them out of the bra!

That said...even so, I don't really want a boob job. I'm pretty happy with my body overall, even though I don't look like a model. The breasticles don't look that terrible out of clothes, at least not to me and the other person who sees them on a regular basis. :)

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Racewalker48
on 10/10/14 1:00 am
RNY on 02/17/14

Breast tissue is largely fat, so if you lose fat, you are going to lose it in the breasts.  I am sure that are some women who do not lose as much breast tissue as others (I am not sure you can predict how much), but I went from a 38DD to a barely filling a 36B.  The girls look like small tube socks now.  I haven't had kids, but I am older than you. I agree with some that a good fitting bra can help (push ups are my best friend now), since I am only 8 months out from surgery and my weight hasn't stabilized yet to consider augmentation and lift.  

Most Active