Not losing weight on Opti

Karen M.
on 10/8/14 4:38 am - Mississauga, Canada

Yes, OH is experiencing a glitch - they're aware and looking into it.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

mellabella115
on 10/8/14 4:38 am - North York, Canada

Thank you guys :)

(deactivated member)
on 10/8/14 8:59 am

Its only been 3 days, Im sorry but you wont loose very much if anything in 3 days. What were you expecting. 

jaxie77
on 10/8/14 11:20 am - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Hang in there Jennifer ! It will happen for you dear , keep up the good work with getting it down !! Lol ....and surgery day will be here before you know it. Eye on the prize and all that ;) 

Hugs 

Jax xx

(deactivated member)
on 10/8/14 11:49 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Thanks Jax!! Always eye on the prize' You always leave the most positive comments! Can't wait till you get your date too girl, and we all get to cheer you on!

dentedsmile
on 10/8/14 11:21 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 10/28/14

I am on my day 3 of Optifast as well and was disgusted with the vanilla as well. I've found adding the flavour extracts (i use orange, peppermint, or banana) WITH a teaspoon of Frys brand Cocoa powder makes all the difference I tried just flavour extracts alone with the vanilla and wanted to vomit it still tasted gross. My fav is with orange it tastes like those smashable Orange chocolates at christmas lol. Maybe try alternating drinking the Opti with something else to wash the flavour out between suck backs? I also drink it through a straw it helps a bit too.

Also I was worried initially about weighing myself and not losing but you gotta remember you're gonna get gassy and bloated a bit while you're body retains water and stuff for the first few days don't worry it'll pop off in a few days and the scale will show it :)

Keep up the good work! :) You can do it! :)

Margo

Referral sent- July 2013 Orientation TWH- July 2, 2014 Social Worker- July 17, 2014 Nurse Practitioner-July 25, 2014 Psychologist - July 28, 2014 Nutrition Class- July 29, 2014  Dietician - July 30, 2014 Nurse Prac. Follow-up (Stress Test) - August 7, 2014 Meet Surgeon (Dr. Ori Rotstein)- September 26, 2014 Pre-op Testing - October 20, 2014 Surgery Date -OCTOBER 28, 2014  

(deactivated member)
on 10/8/14 11:58 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Heya margo,

I went to three different grocery stores, and could not find the extracts I wanted! They had no banana, no coconut, no orange, all I ended up with was vanilla, peppermint, almond... I figure, oh well, i only really have ten days left, I will just suck it up.

I did see someone write, diet orange cola and the vanilla was very good, creamsicle like' and I could see that, but I am not going to bother running out and buying more stuff, to try new recipes with only ten days left. I have found coffee to be life saving with vanilla opti.. I also use frys cocoa, but still, just regular coffee and the opti had been my fav. Many people advise the colder, the easier to drink, but I have found the opposite. I am drinking it very very hot.

I think I will just do the coffee / opti, and broth here and there, and tons of water and count down the days :) Thanks for the advice, and positive words!  I'll be rooting you on when your surgery date comes :) Opti tastes terrible, but it is one step closer.

dentedsmile
on 10/9/14 8:55 am, edited 10/9/14 8:56 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 10/28/14

Haha indeed :) Well you could use Crystal Light packets too and those with leftovers works as well with your water later :)

I have 17 days left of Opti lol I WISH i had only 10 days left lol. Good on you though, knowing its just a step to a better way is a good way to think of it :)

Wishing you the best! :)

OH I also found the Orange and Banana extracts at Walmart. Grocery stores are weird sometimes and don't carry what they should i agree lol.

Margo

Referral sent- July 2013 Orientation TWH- July 2, 2014 Social Worker- July 17, 2014 Nurse Practitioner-July 25, 2014 Psychologist - July 28, 2014 Nutrition Class- July 29, 2014  Dietician - July 30, 2014 Nurse Prac. Follow-up (Stress Test) - August 7, 2014 Meet Surgeon (Dr. Ori Rotstein)- September 26, 2014 Pre-op Testing - October 20, 2014 Surgery Date -OCTOBER 28, 2014  

Franny1977
on 10/8/14 11:47 am - Canada

Don't feel bad am on day 3 on opti and al I lost was 1lb so keep the faith and by the way am not worried as long as u r doing the right thing u should be fine. Oh Jennifer when is your surgery?

(deactivated member)
on 10/10/14 6:46 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Hi Franny, My surgery is October 20th! 

AND my mechanical scale SUCKS! As per the hospital scale I was weighed on today, i have lost 6lbs, in my 5 days on opti.  And so it begins! 

Good luck Franny!

Most Active