melshorty
on 10/6/14 3:08 am - london, Canada

Hello all,

I am new to this site and to all the information about bariatric surgery.

I have my orientation booked for December 11th and am learning quite a bit of information to take along with me.  I do have a couple of questions though.  I am going to hotel du grace in windsor for my orientation.  Do they do the surgeries there or do they send you to a different hospital?  I live in London, Ontario.  Also I'm struggling with some of your acronyms, HRRH, TWH......

Any advice or comments would be appreciated.

Melissa

anniew72
on 10/6/14 3:14 am

Hi Melissa,

welcome to the site, i am just starting out too.

TWH....Toronto Western Hospital

HRRH....Humber River Regional Hospital.

Hope that helps.

Karen M.
on 10/6/14 3:16 am - Mississauga, Canada

Welcome Melissa, glad you found us.

Surgeries are not done in Windsor at this time, you will be referred out. Please make sure to look up Diminshing Dawn on this site - she is a support group leader in Windsor.

TWH - Toronto Western Hospital, HRRH - Humber River Regional Hospital. Many more acronyms to learn!

Welcome!

Karen 

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

RYMEBE73
on 10/6/14 3:22 am - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 06/30/15

I'm not 100%, but I think Windsor area gets referred to Guelph for surgery??  could be wrong though...as Karen M mentioned, get in touch with Diminishing Dawn! :)  Welcome to the group...great group of people who can help provide info and support!

Moving on doesn't mean you forget about things.  It just means you have to accept what happened and continue LIVING  

Seyenna
on 10/6/14 3:32 am - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

http://www.bariatricregistry.ca/Ontario%20Bariatric%20Registry%20Referral%20Search.aspx

You can use this link for a good idea of where you'll end up, hope this helps! :)

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

CassieM
on 10/6/14 3:57 am - St.Thomas, Canada

Hi there!!!

i live in st thomas and will be having my surgery in Hamilton this month! My aunt went thru Windsor and had her surgery in Toronto!!! 

Good luck neighbour!!!!

melshorty
on 10/6/14 8:47 am - london, Canada

Good luck to you!  How did you find this process from the beginning?  Did it go quickly or slow? 

melshorty
on 10/6/14 8:49 am - london, Canada

Thank you everyone for the welcome and the information! 

LeslieT
on 10/6/14 8:57 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/22/15

I'm going through Windsor too. You have the choice of doing the surgery in Guelph or Toronto. I'm not sure where in Toronto. My understanding is that most people choose Guelph.

melshorty
on 10/7/14 2:27 am - london, Canada

And where are you in the process

Most Active