What is the scariest thing about Halloween?

Onward and
Downward

on 10/9/14 5:20 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Every once in a while I'll get one, but none in the last couple of weeks. Basically I'm managing it through diet - not eating anything sweetened with refined sugar. Or if I am, it's one bite along with a meal or something with protein. Trying to be careful with bread too, but that's where I sometimes mess up.  Getting the hang of it, though! Thanks for asking. :)

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

tg2013
on 10/6/14 5:44 am - Ottawa, Canada
tg2013
on 10/6/14 5:48 am - Ottawa, Canada

I think your reply was a great reply  a very good idea  I made the mistake of implying that a junk food junkie likes all candy and chips. After the replies to my post I see I was wrong and even more so I agree there are candy and chips I don't like  so thanks,  good idea to buy stuff that I won't eat .

19star71
on 10/6/14 6:28 am

:)

No worries!

Surgery done by Dr Gmora at St. Joe's in Hamilton. Feb 3/14-- Pre opti weight: 327. Feb 19th --Day of Surgery weight: 308.  Current weight :175

tg2013
on 10/6/14 3:30 am - Ottawa, Canada

I remember my mother used to give out toothbrushes  I think our house was egged the most post Halloween

Kate M.
on 10/6/14 6:21 am - toronto, Canada

My favorite house growing up gave out these teeny-tiny watercolor palettes (about the size of a business card, looked like the kind of "prize" a dentist would give kids after a checkup) - it even came with a tiny little brush. Everything else was just sweets, sweets, and the occasional chip. Even though I loved the sweets (of course) I loved having something that would last past the first week.

Monica9811
on 10/6/14 7:26 am - Peterborough, Canada

I buy it the day of Halloween and make sure I hand out all the candy. Last year we actually gave it to our neighbour to hand out. Problem solved!  Will probably do the same again this year since it's a Friday night. 

tg2013
on 10/6/14 7:32 am - Ottawa, Canada

I would of loved being the last kid to show up on your doorstep! I would just open the pillow case and say Fill er" up

Monica9811
on 10/6/14 8:46 am - Peterborough, Canada

Lol I know!  Better to give then to eat. Chocolate is my downfall and I hear it calling my name sometimes!. I try to buy candy type give aways. Can take or leave them!

csbsteph
on 10/10/14 12:18 am - AL
VSG on 03/13/14

I really enjoy Halloween.  When I was little my folks never made a big to do out of it & all we would do was sometimes carve a pumpkin & Mom would give out dumdum pops or candy corn to trick-or-treaters.  When I got older & married someone who also really enjoys Halloween we go all out with decorating & have even done a trunk or treat event...I think I passed out about 300 little baggies of candy then.  Anyway with my teenager I take her to a community that is big on Halloween and candy so the candy I buy & have bought in the past not designated for Halloween is either for her or my husband.  Loving Halloween as I do I enjoy looking at all the baking supplies around this time of year & my husband has even bought some candy already that I didn't touch; he ate it, my daughter ate it & I gave some to my nephew.  Halloween is scary for us foodies...Be strong & don't cave.  Lindt lindor chocolate truffles are my favorite & I'll have to fight that urge around Christmas & Valentines day to not get any.  If you look at the candy ingredients as you mentioned you did that's incentive to not eat it...I didn't realize just a tootsie roll pop has 60 calories! til I checked the ingredients on some the other day.  Hand out glow sticks-kids love em & if you've got a dollar tree/dollar store anywhere around you you can get some for cheap.

With God ALL things are possible! VSG 3/13/14 Dr. John Mathews

Most Active