Haven't taken before photos yet...

(deactivated member)
on 10/8/14 7:13 am, edited 10/8/14 7:33 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

That is one of my big goals, actually. To not hide from the camera, to smile in photos. I barely have any memories from my past, because I always refused to let others take my photo.

On day three of OPTI here, and still haven't taken one before photo. I know it's important. I know there will be a time when I will want to look back, to see how far I have come, to remember this journey, but there must be another part of me, that just wants to forget. I guess that's what stops me from taking those before photos.

But I will, this week, I will take them. Deep down, I know I will regret it if I do not. 

Needanewbeginning
on 10/8/14 7:52 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

I as well as so many others here simply hated having photos taken. I took a few the day of surgery and then every month. Now looking back, I have to say I have a difficult time seeing, I mean REALLY seeing the weight loss. I know, sounds absolutely nuts, but when I catch myself walking by a window or mirror, holy crap, yes, it's me, almost 170 lbs less. 

Take those photos, have no regrets, your life is changing and your head sometimes has a hard time keeping up with it so photos are a great way to have that reality check! 

Click away and NO REGRETS!

Annette 👍😄

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

(deactivated member)
on 10/8/14 8:23 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I know you're right, I think I will have moments where I may feel like I haven't lost weight, or am not doing good enough, or don't think I see changes, so I am sure the before photos will come in handy. And just to remember how far I have come, once goal is reached. I don't think I should try to forget it completely... 

Thanks for the wise words! 

Leanne1
on 10/8/14 9:48 am - Newmarket, Canada

Measuring certain parts of your body is a good idea... I did my neck, upper arm, wrist, chest, waist, hips, thigh, and calf. If you are in a stall, you can check your measurements and likely still be losing

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

(deactivated member)
on 10/9/14 9:15 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I think they are doing my measurements tomorrow at my last pre op appointment, so I will be jotting those down as well :) As my starting point!

Leanne1
on 10/9/14 9:20 am - Newmarket, Canada

I have never heard of the centre taking the measurements... I would do them for yourself. 

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

KarenHope
on 10/8/14 12:31 pm
RNY on 04/15/13

I was going to suggest you have someone take your measurements. Glad to see someone else make the suggestion. I suggest someone else take the measurements, if you have someone constant in your life that you can trust, because it is easier for someone else to measure than doing it yourself. When you hit stalls the measurements will still change and they will help you through the rough patches. 

Referral Oct '11 Orientation Ottawa Dec 9 '11 NP June 25 '12 Sleep Clinic July 27 '12 

Tr to Kingston Aug '12  NP/SW/Nut Oct 1 '12 Pre-Op class - Dec 12 '12 Surgeon  Mar 4 '13    Surgery Apr 15 '13     

HW 304 CW 175 GOAL 150  

(deactivated member)
on 10/9/14 9:16 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I am going to try my darned hardest to not obsess over the scale. Of course I will in the beginning, check it more than I probably should, but I have goal outfits... I plan on using clothes and how I feel in them, more than anything else.

Thank you!

KarenHope
on 10/9/14 10:36 am
RNY on 04/15/13

I weighed myself at my 1 week follow-up then waited till my 1 month follow-up. I did not want to obsess and get upset about the dreaded three week stall. So I waited. I am really glad I did.

You mean how quickly clothes fall off? You will be amazed!  

Referral Oct '11 Orientation Ottawa Dec 9 '11 NP June 25 '12 Sleep Clinic July 27 '12 

Tr to Kingston Aug '12  NP/SW/Nut Oct 1 '12 Pre-Op class - Dec 12 '12 Surgeon  Mar 4 '13    Surgery Apr 15 '13     

HW 304 CW 175 GOAL 150  

(deactivated member)
on 10/11/14 4:57 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I am looking sooooo forward to being amazed! Especially since I did take my before photos today, and UGH, everything looks way worse than I ever did see in my own mirror. Mind you, I did choose to take them in tights and a sports bra. Now, I am wondering if I should take some in regular clothes too, because I don't think I would EVER want to show these ones to anyone in the future. EVER.

Three week stall sounds terrible, since that is the time when I will probably be obsessing over it, the scale, I mean, and progress. I would love to only weigh myself once a month...We will see how it goes 

Most Active