Just venting: Ughhh I seem to have stalled at 8 pounds from my goal

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/14 10:54 pm - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

I was losing weight really well and now I have stalled 8 pounds from the goal my centre set for me, which is very frustrating but I know it is normal.  I thought it would not be as frustrating as I have lost so much already and I am only about 6 month post op; but being so close to my goal it is still just as frustrating...

Oh well, it is what is is!!!  Just going to keep doing what I am doing and hope to see the numbers start going down again soon.  Helps me practice patience  :)

Kelly

KerryF.
on 10/1/14 10:58 pm - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

Just think you are only 6 months post op!! that means you still have 12 months of losing!!! so make it past this stall and watch and enjoy passing that goal and setting 2 or 3 more goals to pass.....

I'm working on my third goal and I'm only 11.5 months post op

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/14 10:59 pm - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

Thank you, that helps...I also hope to lose more than my first goal.

Congrats on your success.

Karen M.
on 10/1/14 11:24 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I didn't reach what I (then) considered a "goal weight" (130-135 pounds****il well into my third year post-op. There really isn't a time-limit and I feel sad when I see people unnecessarily stressing-the-hell-out about not "being at goal" so soon after surgery. Follow the plan with dedicated consistency and it will happen.

This is for life, Kelly. It's not a race to goal and then BAM into maintenance.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/14 11:45 pm - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

Thks Karen.....agree but it is nice to see the weight go down, even though I understand stalls are normal 

kellybelly333
on 10/2/14 12:52 am - Toronto, Canada

Stalls are very normal. 8 pounds away from a goal....at 6 months post-op is amazing. Just breathe!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

(deactivated member)
on 10/2/14 1:29 am - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

thks, I will

Karen M.
on 10/2/14 1:16 am, edited 10/2/14 1:19 am - Mississauga, Canada

What length of time are you classifying as a "stall"? A week? A month? Curious.

And by stall I mean absolutely no weight loss, not even 1/2 a pound.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 10/2/14 1:36 am - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

I have been losing 2 pounds a week and now, however for the last two weeks I am at the same weight.  No worries I know it is normal.  My body is probably adjusting to some change, perhaps the weather, I also changed my food intake slightly added a larger amount of variety to my veggies  by adding cauliflower and broccoli.   Also added soup vs a sandwich.   I will be switching back to a sandwich today as I am eating too quickly on soup, and I know I need to eat more solid foods still at this stage to ensure I take 30 minutes and get that full sensation.  I am thinking perhaps the change lowered my calorie intake which caused my body to hold onto calories.

I am not really to upset with the stall, just identifying it and moving on  :)

Appreciate the feedback though.

Most Active