What are you eating/doing today (Wednesday)

Zizzler
on 10/1/14 10:04 am

That is great, I have used them several times since you sent them to me and they are so helpful.  Just wanted to thank you again.  Btw, have you ever tried tuna mixed with avocado?  Omg its really good!  Just made some using chipotle albacore, avocado, and fresh lemon juice and it rocked my world.  If you are still looking for suggestions for cars I really like the ford focus hatchback.  Have a nice night Karen!

Karen M.
on 10/1/14 10:08 am - Mississauga, Canada

I'm totally giggling here, on a couple of counts. First, I was reading your menu and thinking, Oh my GOD - tuna and avocado - MUST TRY!!  Second, and best of all, I AM getting a Ford Focus Hatch. LOL! Love them!

Get outta my head, Zizzler!

I am glad you found some benefit in the progressive relaxation - lately the 5 minute one has been a life-saver!

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Zizzler
on 10/2/14 9:18 am

That is so funny Karen, maybe my surgery has given me "special powers" to see into the minds of others?  Hee hee, we shall see! evil laugh. I seriously love my focus hatchback, great little car.  I just discovered the tuna avocado combo this week and it is really nice, feels good in the pouch.  What colour are you looking at?  Mine is black.

Karen M.
on 10/2/14 11:29 pm, edited 10/3/14 12:33 am - Mississauga, Canada

Use those powers for good, not evil! lol

The one I *want* is white with the special black trim package and all the bells/whistles. The one I *get* may well be slightly less "flashy". haha Will let you know!

Karen

nbeatty
on 10/1/14 12:07 am - Aurora, Canada
RNY on 10/03/14

Hi.  I am having my RNY surgery the day after tomorrow (Oct 3) and am wondering what 'Chike' is?  I see a lot of people saying they have that.  And where do you get it?

Thanks!

Orientation: Jan 27, 2014, Surgeon: Feb 14, 2014, Doctor Internal Medecine: May 5, 2014,  Nurse/Social Worker/Dietician: May 7, 2014, 2nd Visit Social Worker: June 20, 2014, 2nd visit Surgeon: July 11, 2014, PATT (HRRH): Sep 18, 2014 Surgery Date: Oct 3, 2014

Karen M.
on 10/1/14 1:43 am - Mississauga, Canada

Chike is an iced coffee protein shake (they make other flavours as well, but the iced coffee is fabulous). It has 20g protein, 2 shots of espresso, so not so great for very new post-ops and those who aren't allowed caffeine. I, however, love it! You have to order it from their web site, they are based in Texas.

Good luck on your surgery day!

K.

Karen

Patm
on 9/30/14 9:41 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning all. Off to work shortly. Should be a busy day. Tonight I am at TWH. They are having a celebration for their 5 yr anniversary of the Bariatric Unit. We are lucky to have such great support centres.

I am still debating whether I will ride my bike into work. I went swimming yesterday. It is funny, my legs are strong from biking but you use different muscles for swimming. So the back of my thighs and butt are sore!

b greek yogurt, granola, raspberries

s banana, baby bel

l chili, desert yogurt

s apple

d ham , cheese slice, sf pudding

cal 985, carb 116.5 prot 81.9

Karen M.
on 9/30/14 9:53 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Wow, 5 years already! Time sure flies! Enjoy!

Karen

kellybelly333
on 9/30/14 11:41 pm - Toronto, Canada

I'll see you there! Sent in my pics for their slide show. LOL. Not sure they made it in or not, as Chau asked for them last night. Regardless, I can't wait to go!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Patm
on 9/30/14 11:53 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I am glad they asked for your pictures. They need to see what dedication can do.

Most Active