What are you eating/doing today? (Monday)

Karen M.
on 9/28/14 9:17 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Planning a daily menu is a habit I got into right from the beginning. When I plan it (including the consumption of leftovers), I stick to it. It allows me to eat mindfully.  I don't post my counts on this thread, but I always track protein and carbs. Since I don't eat refined sugar (99% of the time), I don't track it. I also don't track fat grams. BUT protein and carbs, definitely.

Sorry to hear you are still having pain - hope it gets easier for you!

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

crqvingchange
on 9/29/14 8:30 am

Troy I use My Fitness Pal app for my phone.  It's free, dead easy, and it tracks calories, carbs, fat and protein, plus you can track you water intake, exercise, plus many many more.  Even foods that I thought would be obscure I find in their database.

TanyaLH
on 9/28/14 11:58 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

16 months post op

steps 9536

Morning all,

Anybody have a favourite way to cook patty squash? Care to share?

Busy day here, errands and dog walks, cooking for the week, getting DH off to Toronto for the week. Tomorrow is a me day, pedi and lunch with a girlfriend...can't wait!

CC, I love the colors as well and the fall veggies.

Karen, good to hear you are doing better with your issue. I love your Thanksgiving plan, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy! My crockpot is also all shined up and ready to go :)

Kelly, hope you are feeling better, I too am guilty of not drinking enough water. I forget to drink...

tg, Sometimes I don't get a chance to post here everyday, but I do plan my menu every single day. I usually do it the evening before for the next day. Like Karen I track calories, carbs and protein. Hope your pain subsides soon.

B- sm banana w/ 1 tbs PB, protein coffee,

S- 1/3 c FF cottage cheese 1/3 c Source Cherry yogurt

L- 1/4 c tuna salad w/ FF mayo, 3 melba rounds, 4 cherry tomatos

S- 1 c protein shake

D- 3 oz ground chicken meatloaf, 1/2 c patty squash.

S- 4 oz skim milk

be well everyone

Tanya

Zizzler
on 9/29/14 8:14 am

If you mean pattypan I just cook them any way you can cook zuchinni and they taste great. They are also super pretty so I try to use them so tat the colour is still visible. 

crqvingchange
on 9/29/14 8:34 am

Tanya just saw your post now and I'm sure you've already had your dinner, but I make patty pan squash by sauteeing it in olive oil with garlic til still a little on the crisp side.  Don't like them mushy.

Karen M.
on 9/29/14 8:54 am - Mississauga, Canada

As much as I love to cook, AND I really like squash, I had no idea what these were and had to look them up! Am I to understand that you don't have to peel them?

Karen

TanyaLH
on 9/29/14 10:16 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

I didn't peel them. I roasted them in the oven with mushrooms olive oil anf garlic...yummm!

Karen M.
on 9/29/14 10:21 am - Mississauga, Canada

WOW, that sounds delish! Definitely will buy and try!

Karen

Patm
on 9/29/14 12:13 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning all. Rough start to the day. My sciatica was bad yesterday and I was sore this morning. Biking in seems to have re-set everything. I am hoping we have fall this year. As much as I am enjoying this great weather I am afraid we will go from this to deep freeze! My flowers are not sure what is going on.

Forgot to wear my fitbit yesterday. Didn't seem to put me much further down on my list of people.

b greek yogurt, granola, raspberries

s hummus carrots

l tuna snack kit , yogurt

s pure protein bar

d ham with pineapple, cabbage salad

s grapes

cal 1043, carb 109.2 (high), Prot 92.6

Zizzler
on 9/29/14 8:08 am

b - premier protein shake, multivitamin, b12, later...mint tea

s - 2 mini bananas, whipped peanut butter

l - small tuna and potato salad, sf source greek key lime yogurt...later...cinnamon apple tea, calcium/d

s - sf source greek mandarin orange yogurt, Armstrong old cheddar cheese stick, later...premier protein shake, calcium/d

d - homemade fried tofu with salt and pepper and saracha dip

s - unsweetened applesauce

before bed - meds, omega, vit d

Most Active