H pylori Postive!!

Lisa2828
on 9/24/14 3:54 am - toronto, Canada

Hi all!

So today I had an appointment with Dr. Glazer out of HRRH. Apparently, I tested postive for H Pylori. He wrote me a prescription and said not to worry about it too much considering I don't have my surgery date yet. So my question is does anyone know roughly how much this medication costs? I do not have insurance and read that it can be rather pricey. 

Thanks in advance!

josh_h2
on 9/24/14 7:31 am

Did you tell him you don't have insurance?  Sometimes they have samples.

alternately you can call the manufacturer and ask if they have any programs to help with the cost.

Orientation at HRH - Jan 13, 2014. 1st Meeting with Surgeon (Dr. Klein) & blood work - Jan 30th. Sleep study - Feb 5th. RN, Dietician & Social Worker exams - Feb 25th, Internist - April 9th.  Dr Klein -April 23rd,PATTs Sept 2nd, Surgery, Sept 16, 2014, Opti Starting Weight - 343LB (Aug 26th).  Surgery weight 315LB  CW 215 17-Aug-2015)

squidget
on 9/24/14 12:29 pm

Hi Josh - what is PATTs?  

(deactivated member)
on 9/24/14 10:52 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I just picked up my script for it last week. I have insurance, and still had to pay $25 bucks for this one... Never had to pay that much before. I asked the pharmacist if that deductible was correct, he said yes for this product it is, and told me the price was $130 total. Don't quote me on that though. I only had to do one week of the antibiotics, the nurse told me most people do two weeks. So if you have two weeks, based on what i think I heard my pharmacist say, it would be around $260

LeighLeigh2828
on 9/24/14 11:04 am - Canada

I think I will call and ask for some samples at that price!  Thanks you guys

Most Active