Sleep Test and other Test

blueeyes95
on 9/16/14 11:25 pm - Toronto , Canada

Hi Everyone,

Does everyone have to have testing? I read a lot about testing, sleep test and others I know blood work is a requirement when having surgery but are the others? or will it depend on each person.  Please can someone provide me with what the Social Worker assesment is about? I am very nervous about this. Everyone on here is very helpful thank you again

B

Patm
on 9/17/14 12:20 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Sleep test and all testing  is individual. If you have issues you can go ahead and have the tests through your GP. I was due for a new slep test so had one. I also happened to have a stomach scope not related to RNY and sent those results. My cardiologist sent a letter recommending me for surgery.

The socail worker is to go over your emotional well-being. Do you have eating issues (we all do). How do you deal with them. How will you deal with them after surgery. Relax and be honest. They just want you to be prepared

Catw
on 9/17/14 12:20 am - Arnprior, Canada

There are a number of tests that everyone has to go through, including blood work, ECG, Sleep Test.  You may have more depending on your situation.

The social worker just gets an idea of where your mindset is regarding the surgery.  The best thing to do is go to in, not think too much about what they are looking for, and to give them an honest answer.  They are just there to make sure that you are ready for the tool, and to help you make the most of it.  If you go into this not ready, you won't do as well as if you are ready.  The only person I had to see more than once was the dietician.  The SW passed me right away.

You'll do fine, you don't have to be nervous.

Cathy

blueeyes95
on 9/17/14 1:29 am - Toronto , Canada

Thank you, I have been on here for about a year reading and reading everyones post.  This is such a great forum, Thank you again.  I guess it's excitement too as well as nerves. I am not in a rush and want to take my time reading about everything. Thank you again.

Wesley T.
on 9/17/14 5:18 am - Canada

Hello Blue Eyes,

I have the upcoming Social Worker appointment as well. I have mine this Friday 19th. I am going to be me and sit down in that room, explain my love for food and the reasons why I have turned to food in the past, as well as the turn around of implementing my 'smart food' behaviors etc.

REFERRAL: FEB 14 ORIENTATION: AUG 22/14 SOCIAL WORKER: SEP 19/14 NURSE PRACTITIONER: OCT 22/14 PHARMACIST: OCT 23/14 

SURGEON APT: FEB 06/15 SURGERY DATE: APRIL 13/15 HW: 333 (Pre-Optifast) CW: 260.5

Most Active