Update on my progress

Carbasics
on 9/17/14 3:04 am - Etobicoke, Canada

Hey everyone so I just wanted to let you all know how I'm doing. Next week I will be 3 months post op, my starting weight was 245lbs and lost 51lbs so far I am very happy and pleased however Ive been losing hair  It's freaking me out, I started taking biotin yesterday and started eating more protein because I haven't been eating a lot of it, so hopefully my hair will stop falling off. 

Wondering if any of you have any tips on this situation

Referral sent- January 31/14 Referral received- February 14/14 Information Session TWH- April 2/14 Social Worker- April 7/14 Nurse PractitionerApril 7/14 Psychometry- April 22/14 Nutrition ClassMay 6/14 Nutrition Assessment- May 16/14 Meet Surgeon - June 5/14 Surgery Date - June 23/14

crqvingchange
on 9/17/14 3:14 am

Just want to say congratulations on the 51 pound loss.  As for the hair, I can be of no help.  I am expecting mine to start falling out at the 3 month mark, and mine is very thin to begin with.  From what I understand, it will eventually grow back.

Karen M.
on 9/17/14 3:26 am - Mississauga, Canada

Hair loss can occur after any surgery - click this link --> Telogen Effluvium to learn more. It will stop, you will not lose all your hair and despite what you've heard, biotin will not prevent this from happening, though it can in some cases encourage regrowth.

Not sure why you have been choosing not to eat a lot of protein, but yeah you should be. We are required, for our health, to always eat a protein-forward diet. This shouldn't be news to you.

Congrats on the 51 pounds.

Karen

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Carbasics
on 9/17/14 4:00 am - Etobicoke, Canada

Thanks for the advise and tips, and just to let you guys know i try to eat my protein but Im always so thirsty and get filled up with water so that's the reason I didn't eat enough, but now I'm starting to let go of the water and have more protein instead, and the other thing I forgot I ask is, if any of you are cold? I'm so cold all the time especially my feet and hands, anyone else have this happen?

Referral sent- January 31/14 Referral received- February 14/14 Information Session TWH- April 2/14 Social Worker- April 7/14 Nurse PractitionerApril 7/14 Psychometry- April 22/14 Nutrition ClassMay 6/14 Nutrition Assessment- May 16/14 Meet Surgeon - June 5/14 Surgery Date - June 23/14

Karen M.
on 9/17/14 4:15 am, edited 9/17/14 4:17 am - Mississauga, Canada

Yep, have been freezing my flat ass off for the last 8 years. lol

Edited to add: Don't stop getting lots of fluids in. A good way to get protein in fluid form is a protein shake.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active