2 month update

aamber02
on 9/17/14 1:30 am

I've been slacking. I promised I'd update regardless of how things were after surgery because I loved reading updates as a pre-op. Honestly, I haven't had the time, I've been living!!!! I'm 2 months out, down 60lbs (including what I lost on Opti) and absolutely loving what I can do in a day now. I feel like I am constantly on a first date with myself, discovering that I actually do enjoy activities and foods I never would have chosen before. I've started running almost daily and strength training on the days I dont, I started horseback riding and rehabilitating rescue horses weekly, I started volunteering at the local humane society, my husband and I are taking swing dance lessons....I am finally able to do what needs to be done and what I want to do in a day.
My husband has lost 30 pounds so together we are at an 100lbs loss! We shop at the local market every Saturday and buy local organic fruits/veggies/milk and free range meats, in fact I've only been to the grocery store 4 times since starting opti. I think this has a lot to do with the spike in energy and we both have clearer skin, less body odor, hair is shinier, nails are growing long for the first time in my life, etc etc. I love eating in a different way now, I know where it is coming from and have formed a relationship with the people that produce it so I appreciate what is on my plate a Hell of a lot more.

Anyways, I used to nap every day and I do maybe once a week now. My dog, I'm so sad to come to realize, was never properly exercised and I was always overhwelmed with everything that needed to be done around the house. The thought of going out after a day of work or volunteering was enough to make me put my PJs on and, although I would occasionally, I felt I deserved a 'rest' day afterwards where I would literally do almost nothing.

Needless to say, everything is amazing. If you're not sure or you're getting frustrated with the wait/weight...take a deep breath and think about what you deserve in life. There is so much more out there, whether you are active now or you feel like your body is holding you back, there is so much out there to do and try. It is the best thing I have ever done for myself, incomparable to anything else and 100% life changing.

One more thing, I never cared about being a big girl. I mean, I obviously wanted my clothes to fit a bit better but I owned the big girl thing and felt empowered by it sometimes. So long as someone is happy and healthy, I hope they rock their beautiful bodies!!! Unfortunately, I was not healthy and this made me unhappy so I decided on WLS...while it was the best thing I did for myself I think you need to be ok with who you are at your very core, at any size, before proceeding.

Hope everyone else is doing well in their journey, wherever you may be in it :)

Referral: July 11, 2013         Surgery: July 14, 2014

Catw
on 9/17/14 1:44 am - Arnprior, Canada

Congrats on the weight loss, and the new life.  Great words of wisdome, "you need to be ok with who you are at your very core, at any size".

Cathy

Wesley T.
on 9/17/14 5:22 am - Canada

Wow. Your Post-Op has inspired this Pre-Op! Well done.

REFERRAL: FEB 14 ORIENTATION: AUG 22/14 SOCIAL WORKER: SEP 19/14 NURSE PRACTITIONER: OCT 22/14 PHARMACIST: OCT 23/14 

SURGEON APT: FEB 06/15 SURGERY DATE: APRIL 13/15 HW: 333 (Pre-Optifast) CW: 260.5

Kate M.
on 9/17/14 5:30 am - toronto, Canada

Congrats and thanks for the update!

Darbaybe_2014
on 9/18/14 10:02 pm - Kitchener, Canada

Thank you for sharing...I love it..." I feel like I am constantly on a first date with myself" that is beautiful!!! Congrats on all you have accomplished and good for you and your hubby building new routines and relationships together with food, community and probably each other :)  

Referral to Guelph:  January 2014 ~ Orientation Guelph: April 24.14~ Meet Nurse: June 03.14, August 28.14 ~ Meet SW: June 16.14 & Aug.28.14 & Feb.09.15   ~ Meet Dietician: June 16.14, August 28.14 & Nov.19.14~  Dec.31.14 & Feb.05.15 Meet Internist Dr Agarwal: Sept.28.14 ~ Post Op Nutrition class: March 16.2015  Meet Surgeon: April 16.15 ~ Approved for surgery: April 16.15 ~  Surgery Date: July 14.15 ~ Started Opti:  July 07.14~ Opti Starting weight: TBD~ Surgery weight: TBD ~ Goal weight: 150  

Darbaybe_2014
on 9/18/14 10:24 pm - Kitchener, Canada
Julie99
on 9/19/14 10:05 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

I'm so thrilled for you Amber. You're rockin this surgery and living to the max. Your post will motivate and inspire lots of people including me. Thank you for sharing. 

Referral: June 26, 2013  Confirmation: July 4, 2013  Orientation(OWMC) Sept.13, 2013  Nurse: Dec. 3, 2013  Nut/Beh: Jan. 28, 2014  Pre-surgical class: Feb. 26, 2014  Meet Surgeon: March 18, 2014  PAU: July 11, 2014  Surgery with Dr. Yelle: Aug. 11, 2014              

greensleeved
on 9/19/14 10:25 am
VSG on 07/10/14 with

LOVE LOVE LOVE this post. Congratulations on seizing the day. I keep waiting for the same kind of inspiration to hit me. I'm 9 weeks out and down 50 lbs but haven't had the energy burst that some people seem to have. I'm not taking full advantage of my new opportunities like you are, so your sharing is very helpful motivation.

"Free your ass, and your mind will follow."  HW - 287, Start W - 273, Surgery W - 257, Onederland - 4 months 1 week post op,  100 lbs lost - 8 months 1 week, CW - 162

Most Active