Guelph Ontario Clinic Support Group

Not One Too Many
on 9/16/14 12:01 am - Canada

Is there a clinic specific online support for Guelph Hospital?

Can anyone steer me in the right direction to find it, if there is?

If not, I have seen the model for one in Hamilton that is VERY successful, and I wanted to gauge interest for beginning one.

Referral: April 24, 2012  Orientation: October 22, 2012 Surgery: June 17, 2013 With Dr. Anvari

Dolly K.
on 9/16/14 12:31 am

Good idea. I am in.

Solstice
on 9/16/14 1:03 am
RNY on 11/27/14

Me too!

Solstice

lyshy
on 9/16/14 5:53 pm - Canada

Hello

I've been lurking here for a couple months but decided to finally join so I can reply to your post!

I'm JUST starting on this journey and would love to join a Guelph support group.

I'm in Kitchener and my evenings are flexible. Let's do it!

lyshy
on 9/16/14 6:01 pm - Canada

Actually did u see this post a cpl days ago from 'moemurray' about a group in Cambridge?

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ON/5270896/Waterloo-Wellington-Gastric-Bypass-Support-Group-September/

Solstice
on 9/16/14 11:50 pm
RNY on 11/27/14

...and let's do this online specifically. I am way the heck out in God's country, near London. The catchment net for Guelph does go far, (patients are seen at Windsor hospital, but sent to Guelph, not Windsor for surgery too!) so meeting near the hospital physically for a group meeting just won't work for me. Each centre is unique, and fishing out the stuff on the forum for Guelph is hard. So you have my support if you found a model for this for an online group!

cyko_chika
on 9/17/14 1:01 am - Canada

There is a group that meet in Cambridge twice weekly. I have only gone twice and I loved it, so many stories, so many different journeys and everyone is at different stages (pre op and post op). If anyone is interested in going pm me and we can chat. 

pebbles77
on 9/17/14 8:57 am - Canada

Do you know when the next meeting is? I saw a post for something at the end of Sept but can't find it anymore. 

moemurray
on 9/21/14 9:21 pm - Canada

Waterloo/Wellington Gastric Bypass Support Group

When: Sunday September 28th, 1-3PM

Where: 520 Ellis Road, Cambridge, ON

St. James Anglican Church

Parking is in the back and then follow the signs to direct you to our meeting room!

Everyone is Welcome! Pre-Op, Post-Op, Just thinking about having surgery!

If you have any further questions you can email Morgan at [email protected] or Sharon [email protected]

You can also contact our Group Leader Sharon Moody at

519-230-9307.

Check out our website! http://www.cambridgewlssupportgroup.com/

Or search us on Facebook: Waterloo/Wellington Gastric Bypass Support Group

Also check out the Waterloo Wellington Coffee Crew on Facebook.

Not One Too Many
on 10/13/14 6:17 am - Canada

Incase there is interest in the clinic specific one, it has been set up on facebook and can be found by searching the following:

Dr. J. Foute Nelong/ Dr. N. Pereira Hong/ Dr. K. Reed/ Dr. F. Bhojani

Referral: April 24, 2012  Orientation: October 22, 2012 Surgery: June 17, 2013 With Dr. Anvari

Most Active