Orientation on Oct 10, 2014 @Hotel Dieu Hospital, Kingston- Anyone going there?

anil_manipal
on 9/15/14 8:50 am

Hello All

Just got home and found a mail from Hotel Dieu Hospital, Kingston, calling for an Orientation on October 10th. Wondering If any one going there?

Surprised by their response, I was referred late July 2014, Didn't take long to get to orientation,  I was kind of mentally prepared to go to Mexico for RNY, I have noticed that things are moving faster than before. Feel like, I better get it done here, save money and safe.

Just wondering how long does it takes to get to the surgery? Please let me know.

Thanks

Anil

Lima
on 9/15/14 1:11 pm

I also did my orientation and all other appointments in Kingston.  I started last Oct 2013 with orientation and my date in Ottawa for surgery is Oct 1/14.  So about 1 year for me.  It all depends on how fast you get in for your test like sleep study, colonoscopy etc.  Things tend to move along quickly in Kingston but everything gets back logged in Ottawa.  I guess that's because they get all of the Ottawa patients along with the Kingston ones.  Good luck and hang tight.  It will happen faster than you think.  I found it took me that long to get my head wrapped around everything and to be certain this is what I really wanted.  

anil_manipal
on 9/23/14 10:13 am

Thank Lima

Looks like things are getting faster every year, I am hoping to get it done as fast as I can with out missing any appointments. 

I have been reading this forum quiet a while now, and I realized it's faster now. Being optimistic!

Appreciate your reply.

Anil

Most Active