What are you eating/doing today? (Sunday)

crqvingchange
on 9/13/14 10:38 pm

Good morning everyone. Hubby and I have a great time out last night listening to music.  Unfortunately the restaurant did not have any soup on the menu and the seasonal veg was something I couldn't have, so I am stuck with grits again this week. I took a day off exercising yesterday because I did two Aqua classes on Friday, and wouldn't you know it, the scale is up today.  I'm not worried, just means I need to get my butt in gear.  Hubby got my bike up and running yesterday, so today I will do some biking and then some gardening.

8 weeks post-op

B. Chocolate raspberry flavoured decaf coffee (something my husband got for me), 1 egg scrambled with habanero cheese melted on top and salsa

S. Syntrax fuzzy navel protein shake, Nordica cottage cheese on the go with 1t sf raspberry jam

L. Roasted red pepper and tomato soup, blackened catfish

S. Another fuzzy navel shake and a Yoplait super fruit yogurt

D. 1/4 whole wheat pasta,  homemade cherry tomato sauce, turkey spinach meatball, sauteed peppers

S. Turkey and Armstrong garden herb string cheese rollup heated with a little marinara for dipping

MFP totals cal. 949, carbs 49, fat 42, protein 101

Have a great day everyone

Patm
on 9/13/14 10:58 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning cravingchange. I find eating out can result in weight gain from salt. It will probably be off by tomorrow.

This week has proved to me no matter how active I am if I eat the wrong foods I gain. Four days I rode to and from work. This is about 9 km each way. One day I did length swimming. Still gained. So today is the first day of getting back on track.

Off soon for a long walk with the dog

b greek yogurt, granola, blueberries

l deli ham, cheese, yogurt

s pure protein bar

d chicken, acorn squash, salad

s not sure

cal 779, carb 58.9, prot 64

crqvingchange
on 9/14/14 7:04 am

You're right Pat, the sodium in blackened catfish, the deli meat I ate, and the cheese was very high.  I wasn't really worried, just disappointed I broke my losing streak lol.  My goodness you were active last week, good on ya.

Karen M.
on 9/13/14 11:03 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Good morning :)

Crqvingchange, you're going to see many pound up and pound downs - it really has nothing to do with you not exercising for one day. Trust me on this.

Looks like it's at least going to be sunny out there today, too bad it's not going to be hot as well! I've been walking around in a constant state of "freezing my flat ass off" for a week now! SO not looking forward to winter - I can never get warm!

Doing a little shopping today, some gardening, some cooking and NFL this afternoon (I'm learning to like football). Afternoon and dinner will be appetizer-type foods. 

8.5 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 3 over the morning -

B - Source Greek 50, Chike protein iced-coffee-made-hot

S - 1 egg, 1 slice whole grain toast, sliced tomato

L - 3 oz chicken, large scoop homemade salsa and 1 oz grated cheddar on top

S/D - a couple small slices of a roast beef/onion/mushroom/provolone wrap, 3 meatballs, homemade salsa, old cheddar slices, veggies and dip, a few crackers or melba toast, a few grapes - "game day eats" (nice to know that I can do this and not over-eat, as it would be really easy to do so lol)

Have a great day!

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

kellybelly333
on 9/14/14 3:55 am - Toronto, Canada

I was NOT impressed with the weather today. I saw my breath and wore mittens for all 33 km of my run grrr! 

Carbs are a big part of my diet currently. Pasta yesterday, a pancake, half a bagel today :) still protein folks, but any newbies out there, don't read this as a usual post-rny diet :)

3.5 years post-rny 3 hours running (33km) calories burned 1,761

B: (pre-run) 1/2 bagel and peanut butter, banana

s: (during run) GU energy gel, 2 fudgeo cookies

l: pancake with 1/2 banana and no sugar added syrup

S: protein shake

d: chicken breast stuffed with feta and asparagus and bacon-wrapped corn on the cob

calories: 1,584 carbs: 149 fat: 53 protein: 116 fibre: 17 sugar: 55

The cookies didn't feel like much of a treat. I only had one energy gel, and lots of runners use cookies, so I thought I would try. They worked better than the gel!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Leanne1
on 9/14/14 7:06 am - Newmarket, Canada

Fudgeeos!!! 

I will hunt them down and help you eat them, with milk for protein... JK!!! 

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

kellybelly333
on 9/14/14 11:21 pm - Toronto, Canada

HAHAHA. Next time you're over DON'T look in the cupboard by the sink....it has cookies...evil evil cookies. I was never a fan before surgery, and now they taunt me. 

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Karen M.
on 9/14/14 11:48 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Your menu would have me in a complete carb coma LOL

Karen

kellybelly333
on 9/15/14 12:21 am - Toronto, Canada

If I didn't run right away, I would be the same. But when I burn it right away, that doesn't happen. It's been something i've been working on with my NUT. Trying to figure out how a "Bariathlete" should eat during training. 

With that said, I did have a little nap after my pancake post-run. And i'm shocked that the cookies worked. I made sure that I was only 10k from home when I ate them...was afraid of dumping or low sugar. I'm like a little science project here. 

Karen M.
on 9/15/14 12:35 am - Mississauga, Canada

"Bariathlete" - I love that!

Karen

Most Active