I finally get some good test results

tg2013
on 9/12/14 6:24 am - Ottawa, Canada

For those of you who have been reading my blog and for those who haven't . I had RNY surgery in Oct /2013 since the third week of post op I have been experiencing pain under my right shoulder blade. In February I was into emergency and after an endoscope exam the doc found a marginal ulcer in my new stomach pouch. I was placed on treatment and after another endoscope in July my doc found that the ulcer had not healed. I was to continue the meds for another 6 weeks . The pain under my shoulder blade has not diminished and in fact has become more intense. I actually had to take two days off work this week because I just could no longer stand the pain. My doc said that the pain was one of two things . It is a result from the ulcer or it's  my gallbladder.  I have gone through a battery of tests and my gallbladder is only working at 15%. I show no other signs of a gallbladder issue  (this was baffling to my surgeon). Today I had my 4th endoscope exam and it shows that my ulcer has finally healed . This is a good result because I do not need to have a "redo" of the bypass part of the RNY surgery. I now have been scheduled to have my gallbladder removed on Sept 25th . I am happy that after almost a year I might have the chance to enjoy the weight loss I have had since the surgery last October.

The lesson is... Understanding that not every surgery is perfect and sometimes complications do happen. You just have to work with the medical team and trust they know what they are doing and they know how to eleviate any complications that come along the road to a happier,healthier life

crqvingchange
on 9/12/14 6:50 am

So glad your ulcer has healed and that your medical team has a plan in place for your gallbladder.  Wishing you a successful sugery and the elimination of your shoulder pain.

Wesley T.
on 9/12/14 11:37 am - Canada

I take your advice, wow. I am happy that you finally are able to rest and like you said, be able to enjoy the product of your labor and hard work. Continued health to you!

REFERRAL: FEB 14 ORIENTATION: AUG 22/14 SOCIAL WORKER: SEP 19/14 NURSE PRACTITIONER: OCT 22/14 PHARMACIST: OCT 23/14 

SURGEON APT: FEB 06/15 SURGERY DATE: APRIL 13/15 HW: 333 (Pre-Optifast) CW: 260.5

mum2TNT
on 9/13/14 2:23 am - Oshawa, Canada

trusting is tough, especially with our health right.  I am glad you are persistent with seeing your doctor and getting to the bottom of your pain! I hope the gall bladder removal fixes you right up and you can move forward with your healthy new body!!!!

Chrissy  ~~~  doctor referral May 29/14; info session Aug 18/14surgeon appt Dr. Starr  Oct 15/14dietitian, social worker & nurse Dec 11/142nd appts dietitian, SW & nurse Jan 19/15;  Dr. Glazer Feb 25/15; 2 weeks OPTIFAST April 15/15; surgery date April 29/15    AGE: 48   HEIGHT: 5'6"  

Most Active