Surgery dates - specifically for Dr. Klein

Seyenna
on 9/13/14 6:19 am - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

I haven't seen any other posts about this so I figured that I would share my own experience. When I first started my process earlier this year it felt like people were just FLYING through and getting their surgery in roughly 6 months. Some less, some more, of course. I had my referral in February and I have no idea at this point when I'll see surgery. 

Last week when I went to see Dr. Klein they explained that they are backlogged - badly. They are booked up to March of next year and are not allowed to book any more. Now, she did say that she may get more surgery dates in and that there is still a possibility of cancellations of course, but it looks bleak at best. I have a large envelope in my hand with "information for patients" and "instructions for surgery" but a blank space where a surgery date should be.  /sad

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

northernga1
on 9/13/14 7:26 am - Elliot Lake, Canada

at least you have come that far. here in northern Ontario this is what my time line is like so far.  Referral Feb 14/14 orientation July 30th, 2014, im waiting for my 1on1's which are not til feb 16, 2015.  Seems so unfair that northern Ontario waits so much compared to Southern Ontario.  For me i'm taking this long wait time to get my stuff in order.  I am changing some habits and routines so i am more prepared come surgery so that i will be successful.  As much as I am disappointed that there is such a long wait i know that it is probably for the best gives you time to get things in order.

Referral Feb 14 2014; Orientation July 30 2014; 1 on 1's Feb 17, 2015; Pre op May 27 2015; Surgery date June 16, 2015

Dave_J
on 9/13/14 8:15 am - Canada

It was even worse before when Sudbury only had one hospital for surgery- they expanded to three I believe in 2013.  I had my orientation in May 2013, and my meetings in July 2013, but was delayed for surgery until May 2014 because I couldn't get in for the sleep apnea test.  Don't sweat it, work on things you need to do, and start getting some exercise in ;)...

Started Optifast April 8, 2014, and had surgery May 6, 2014 @ St. Joe's, Toronto, Dr. Lindsay

jaxie77
on 9/13/14 8:53 am - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Hey doll !! I'm with you on this , it was hard to hear , especially when we sat and watched the other surgeons patients walk up to the desk and be handed their October dates !!! Lol ......But ... Don't be down :( It's gonna happen for us , and she did say we may have a chance at one of those earlier blocks when they come in ..and like you say there is always cancelations . It is hard to wait and live in Limbo dreaming of what lies ahead ,  but like everyone else says , it's more time for us to gather more info and be totally ready  ! ( I can hear you screaming " I'm ready NOW " !!!! Lol ) .........hang in there sweets , we will be swapping bikini tops and skinny jeans in no time 

Seyenna
on 9/13/14 9:01 am - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

You're the best, it was great being with and getting lost and almost left behind by you! lol

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

(deactivated member)
on 9/15/14 9:17 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I'm confused! Why can't you select to be with the other earlier available surgeons? I am in the final stages, at a different location, so it may be different at my hospital, but that just does not seem fair. Can you not request a different less busy surgeon?

:D I hope that does not happen to me!!

jaxie77
on 9/13/14 9:07 am - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Hahaha haha !! Yes I'm not the best with directions !! Lol .....but I'd never leave you behind ................you're stuck with me now dolly ! 

1HealthyMomma
on 9/14/14 5:33 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 10/07/14

I feel your frustration. For me it was an orientation date. I just couldn't seem to get one waited 13 months. I just know that everything happens for a reason even if reason doesn't make sense. I hope the time flies for you and wish you all the best with your journey. Keep your eye on the prize.

Take Care

Lisa

Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass On October 7,2014 with Dr. Hagen   

luvmuzik
on 2/3/16 1:06 pm

Hi there. I'm new to this site and your post seems one of the more recent ones. I am waiting for surgery date with Dr. Klein. Have another appt with DR. Glazer this month.

Was wondering how your experience has been with the Dr. the surgery and after. How has your journey been? Do you have cravings still and what food seem to work best for you now that you'be had the surgery. 

Thanks and best of luck to you going forward! Best of health!

Most Active