Fit bit. Got washed

4-Jane
on 9/12/14 1:49 pm - Canada

So I have washed my fit bit one and google what to do with it after most things say rice.....but I don't eat rice anymore and don't have it in the house anyone know of anything that will work like rice...what about salt or flour or protein powder or skim milk??? Any ideas

Respectfully Jane
BluIzGal
on 9/12/14 3:47 pm - Canada
RNY on 07/10/12

While I haven't tried it personally, I've read about alternate uses for those silica gel packets found in shoes, bags, purse, etc.  I've read to put them in a camera bag when going into a humid environment to help keep your gear free of condensation. I know it's a long shot as to whether you have any but just an idea. 

Patricia

Patm
on 9/12/14 11:10 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Most of the things you mentioned are too fine. They will just cling to the fitbit. Rice is pretty cheap. Buy a small bag. There is a chance it will not work. Contact fitbit and see what they say. I find they answer fast

crqvingchange
on 9/13/14 12:14 am

I would just open the back and let it air dry for a few days.  Salt will corrode it and the other things you mentioned will just gum up the works with the moisture in it.  Letting it air dry is what is recommended for wet phones, just don't turn it on to see if it is working until it is completely dry, that will short it if it isn't dry.

cutecanadiangirl
on 9/14/14 8:18 am

Hi,

I have read that the company will replace them if they get damaged. I would call them to see if they can help you.  Good luck!

4-Jane
on 9/14/14 10:05 pm - Canada

It would appear that this time it took a licking and kept on ticking...... Cause it works, and I did go out late night to get rice.  :)

Respectfully Jane
Most Active