What are you eating/doing today? (Friday)

Karen M.
on 9/12/14 1:57 am - Mississauga, Canada

Oh my gawd, me too. I was there yesterday and $160 ago.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Onward and
Downward

on 9/12/14 12:26 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Morning CC (not sure whether you're "out" with your real name here or not...) - I think you'll do great today at AquaCycle. Just do what you can do, and enjoy!  Sometimes it's neat if you can't do it very well at first, because when you stick to it, you can be amazed at how good you get at it.

Today is definitely TGIF for me...looking forward to the weekend!  Although, tomorrow I have to get up earlier than for work, since I am taking a computer class on Saturdays that starts at 8:30 a.m. But at least my husband is taking it with me, so at least we will get up together.  We're then going to a friend's BBQ out of town (which we'll be late for since our last class tomorrow ends at 3 p.m.), and then after the BBQ, we'll travel an hour from there to my mom's place and spend the rest of the weekend there.

Unfortunately, that means I'll be missing my Sunday morning WW meeting. Oh well. I'll go to one nearby on Monday instead.  One good thing about this RH - it's keeping me on the straight and narrow, at least for now. I've been scared to eat anything with refined sugar in it for the last couple of days, and it's shown on the scale - I'm just slightly under 180 according to my scale now (which probably means something like 182 or 183 on the WW scale). So, I'm back in my usual 5 lb range between 175 and 180, which is back to my comfort zone.

1 YEAR, 10 MONTHS POST-RNY

B - 1 fried egg on 1 slice whole grain toast

S - A handful of pistachio nuts, an apple, and some edamame beans

L - A few oz (forgot to weigh it) of leftover rotisserie chicken breast, a bunch of cucumber slices, the rest of the pkg of edamame beans, and a yogurt cup

S - 1/2 cup ricotta/vanilla/splenda with a sliced apple - I've run out of berries and peaches so it's the only fruit I have left to eat with the ricotta today! Not going to buy more until after we get back from our weekend away.

D - More leftover rotisserie chicken - want to use it up before we go away. I'll also serve some mashed sweet potato on the side (mostly for husband and a little for me), and perhaps some more edamame beans. Might try my hand at making homemade tzatziki sauce to go with it. Oh, and some more cucumber slices to use it up before going away this weekend.

S - A skim milk cappuccino. Might dare to try a small square of dark chocolate to go with it, and a few pistachio nuts to even out whatever sugar is in the dark chocolate.

TOTALS: 1311 calories, 113g carbs, 59g fat, 100g protein, 35g fiber

Thought I'd do the totals since I haven't done that in a while. Not as bad as I thought, really. 1300 calories is pretty good for me, and the carbs aren't too terrible compared to the protein, considering that there are 35g fiber in that carb count, and most of the carbs come from whole grains, fruit and veggies.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Karen M.
on 9/12/14 1:53 am - Mississauga, Canada

Good morning!

Good luck with Aqua Cycle - I'm curious to hear about it as my local community centre offers it as well and I've been thinking about that class.

Just as an update, pacemaker surgery was yesterday which went extremely well and changed everything pretty much instantly. We brought her home this morning, thankfully! Thank you for all the well-wishes XO

Have housework and paper work and laundry to catch up on - and SLEEP. Oh my gawd, I'm suddenly exhausted, I think just knowing that everything is ok with my mom. Worry, worry, worry.... and now peace. And TIRED. Going for a nap in a bit. LOL She's in capable hands with my dad at home. Whew!

8.5 years post-op

My eating has been wacky the past few days, so glad to be back in a routine.

B - Source Greek 50, too many cups of coffee to count (with cream)

L - 3-4 oz rotisserie chicken with lots of Frank's hot sauce, blue cheese for dipping, 1/2 cup coleslaw

S - Chike protein iced coffee (even tho it's DAMN cold outside! May try it hot and see what happens) later: one very small slice leftover thin crust pizza (mainly to get it out of the house)

D - Alligator Stew (sounds exotic, doesn't it? haha It's actually a French-Canadian recipe that involves baked beans and onions and ground beef, believe it or not - DELISH) - likely 1.5 cups of this wonderful stuff

S - not sure but decaf with cream for sure (Barb, thank you for recommending Tully's French roast - really great)

Have a fabulous Friday!

K. xo

Karen

Onward and
Downward

on 9/12/14 2:36 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Yay! So glad everything worked out!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

TanyaLH
on 9/12/14 3:58 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

happy to hear things went well, speedy recovery thoughts for your mom :)

kellybelly333
on 9/12/14 5:25 am - Toronto, Canada

Wow, i've only been out of touch a few days, and I miss a lot. At first, I thought you were talking about yourself and pacemaker surgery. And I thought...what the HELL happened? Not that your mom having it is any better, but..you know what I mean. 

Glad all is well with her!

I'm exhausted from lack o' sleep. My iron infusion isn't for another month, but I think it's time....or could be all this marathon training i'm doing and the change of weather ;-)

Don't have much to report today, eating is usual and so is exercise. I need to zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Karen M.
on 9/13/14 3:57 am - Mississauga, Canada

Honestly, if it was me I think it may have been a white-flag-moment. After nearly being taken out by my liver last year, I'm not sure I would have had it in me to fight anymore. lol

I think your exhaustion is likely a combination of things - low iron, marathon training, working all day and momming all night, change in weather... you've got a lot going on!

K.

Karen

kellybelly333
on 9/14/14 3:27 am - Toronto, Canada

Actually, it was a pre-cold rundown added to all of the above. I tackled it with oil of oregano :)

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Zizzler
on 9/12/14 3:42 am

Had an appointment with my therapist today, last one before back to work.  It was really helpful and she sent me away with lots of ideas on how to deal with my stress and what I will do if I have a panic attack at work.  I have a plan, and it is reassuring.  Did 45 mins of recumbent cycling at the gym this morning too, and feel really relaxed now.  More than ever I need exercise every day to feel good and reduce stress.  Plus, now I have the energy to do those things, which is truly a blessing. Starting to get things ready for work starting next week, making shopping list.  Still a little concerned people will look at me funny or act differently toward me, but I think I can handle it if it happens.

b - protein shake with cherry greek yogurt, multivitamin, b12

s - 1 beef patty with cheese, pickle, mustard, ketchup, water

l - 1/4 of a barbacoa burrito bowl from much burrito, no tortilla or rice (shredded slow cooked tender beef - so good!)

s - Dasani grape sf, calcium/d

d - leftover barbacoa bowl, calcium/d pineapple coconut sf dasani

s - leftover barbacoa bowl, pineapple coconut sf dasani

before bed - meds, vit d, omega, pineapple coconut sf dasani

Karen M.
on 9/12/14 3:57 am - Mississauga, Canada

I would imagine people will welcome you back, be glad you are ok after being off, and that's about it. Glad you are getting yourself ready for day 1 - best wishes and I am sure it will go just fine.

Karen

Most Active