What are you eating/doing today (Monday)

birdiegirl
on 9/7/14 7:21 pm

RNY  5 Years 5 Months post Op

Morning

Going to change my garden to fall today and plant some ornamental cabbages and lots of yellow mums. 

STEPS - 12670

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

L - 1.5 skewers of chicken souvlaki

1/4 cup of tzatziki sauce

D - 1 cup of Costco kale salad

1.5 cups of shepherds pie

S - Source lemon dessert yogurt

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,097,  Carbs - 67 Grams,  Fat - 45 Grams,  Protein - 118 Grams

All water and vits

Have a great one  

crqvingchange
on 9/7/14 9:04 pm

Good morning.  Barb you are so ahead of me, I still have to finish the weeding before I can plant mums.  I also need to divide the perennials.  today I am off to Aquafit and if I can find the bike lock, maybe a short bike ride to the Tim Hortons.

7 weeks post-op

B.3 egg bites with sundried tomatoes, artichokes, mushrooms and goat cheese

S. Chike protein coffee

L. Nordica Cottage Cheese, sf apricot jam, Unjury chicken soup with a few egg noodles

S.Syntrax nectar fuzzy navel

D. Blacken red snapper with cheesy grits and sauteed peppers

S. 1 Greek Yogurt and maybe a source Exotica yogurt before bed

MFP totals Cal.862, Carbs 64, Fat 19, Protein 111

Have a good day everyone

TanyaLH
on 9/7/14 9:29 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

15 months post op

steps 11425

Good morning,

Barb, I love the fall flower colours. DH and I got married in the fall and used alot of the colours in our wedding.

I am off today, went to the fall fair last night w/ a couple of my girlfriends. In our much younger years we would go to alot of concerts, well last night there was a concert at the fair....lol. It was a rock band that we had seen about 25 years ago! Brought so many memories! Had a blast dancing and singing along.

Today will be doggie walks and a few chores are the house.

B- small banana w/1 tbs PB, protein coffee

S- London Fog tea, 1/2 a quest bar

L- 1 cup ground chicken chili, 1 oz habenaro cheese

D- 1/2 cup garden salad w/ 3 oz tilapia

S- 1/3 cup 0% greek yogurt cheese cake thingy

Be well everyone

Tanya

Patm
on 9/7/14 9:31 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Going to be a long day today. I could not get to sleep last night. I would have loved to sleep in today but can't . SO lots of coffee for me today.

I am biking into work. I am hoping that will kick start me. I am also up in weight due to bad eating weekend. So back on track today

b greek yogurt, granola, blueberries

s baby bel

l 3 slices deli chicken, 1 slice cheese, yogurt

s pure protein bar

d scallops with bacon, salad

s peach

cal 1030, carb, 56, prot 100.8

Onward and
Downward

on 9/7/14 10:12 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Morning Barb, enjoy your mums!

Today: work, then home, then hopefully some energy to do some canvassing for the municipal election. Went to the doctor last night regarding the RH reaction I had on Thursday night. He agreed that it was an RH reaction. At first he was going to order a glucose tolerance test. I asked him how they work and he told me that they give you a big sugary drink and then measure your blood sugar at intervals afterwards. I told him that if I drink a big sugary drink, I'll be sick as a dog due to dumping. He said, "Oh. Okay, then we'll just assume you have it from your symptoms the other night." He wrote me a script for glucometer test strips, and I got a glucometer yesterday. He told me to test myself in the mornings before eating just so I can get an idea of what my normal blood sugar is and how to use the thing. He said to also use it after an RH reaction to make sure I've stabilized.

He also gave me a note for WW to say that my maintenance weight should be 175. Which works for me. According to WW scales, I was 184.2 yesterday morning. (My home scale said 180 this morning.)  So I figure if the WW scale has me at 175, I'm probably closer to 170 on my scale, which will be a comfortable maintenance weight for me that I can manage without too much suffering.

So nice to see a bunch of you on Saturday at Karen's breakfast, by the way!

1 YEAR, 10 MONTHS POST-RNY

B - 1 egg, fried in 1 tsp olive oil, on 1 slice P28 toast

S - 1/2 Quest bar and an apple

L - Leftover Thai chili shrimp from the freezer on 1/4 cup rice noodles, and cherry tomatoes on the side

S - 1/2 cup ricotta/vanilla/splenda topped with a sliced peach

D - Good question...will have to think about this during the day today and figure it out tonight.

Have a great day, everyone!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

crqvingchange
on 9/8/14 6:54 am

Glad your doctor was able to give you a prescription for the test strips, they are crazy expensive.  If you start to feel that way again, ask hubby to check your blood so that you know how low your sugars actually go.  It was great meeting you on Saturday, my husband and I were very impressed with your success, you are so inspiring.

libra1
on 9/7/14 10:22 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

VSG - Sept.17, 2013 - Dr. Jackson, SW - 285.4 lbs, CW – 178.0 lbs, Total Loss - 107.4 lbs

Good morning everyone! My eating this weekend was all over the place. Pretty active weekend...my nephew's dog ran away... we found him....my SIL treated me to a mini spa day... and I managed to do a lot of walking(yay!). 

Hope everyone has a great day!

B- Oatmeal with ground flaxseed & cinnamon and coffee

S-Greek yogurt

L-Cottage cheese and diced tomatoes

D- Tuna and tomatoes

Snack-Greek yogurt

Cal-682, Carbs-51, Fat-9, Protein-103, Sugar-20, Chol-77

kellybelly333
on 9/7/14 10:47 pm - Toronto, Canada

Good morning all,

Still on a high from my race yesterday, and I plan to keep the energy going when I visit my nana tonight. She is on her way out. I am sad, but she is 93 and has been suffering from dementia for 10 years. I'm told she is peacefully lying in her bed, not in pain. I'm going to give her a last kiss and tell her about my adventures. I'm hoping to get a smile out of her. She usually smiles anyway, but has no idea who any of us are. 

Day off from exercise

B: goat yogurt mix

S: quest bar

L: (so sad I forgot my lunch at home, leftover chicken wings that ross made me) So chicken and salad of some sort

S: laughing cow and ryvita

D: not sure. Having dinner with my mom in Port Perry somewhere

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Onward and
Downward

on 9/8/14 5:00 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

I'm glad she's not in pain, Kelly. So sorry about your grandmother.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Karen M.
on 9/8/14 1:43 am - Mississauga, Canada

Good morning!

I have so much to do in my garden too to get ready for winter and next spring - divide and replant perennials, weed, plant fall bulbs - but everything is still blooming and bearing vegetables thus far, so it'll be a couple of weeks 'til it's done. Running a few errands today, other domestic goddess duties as assigned.

8 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 3 over the morning -

B - Source Greek 50, Premier protein shake

S - banana/egg pancakes, drizzle of agave

L - crustless quiche (1.5 eggs, meat, veggies, cheese), big scoop of homemade salsa

S - Chike protein iced coffee, later: 2 melba toast with a slice of polish sausage and old cheddar on each, a few grapes

D - BBQ pork tenderloin, 1/4 cup mashed potatoes, sautéed mushrooms, onions and peppers

S - likely just decaf with cream

Have a good one,

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active