CPAP during hospital stay

Lima
on 9/8/14 12:24 am

Thank you for your insight. I will give it another shot. You really made me understand the value of the CPAP. Thank you. 

NewMe2.0
on 9/8/14 1:16 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 05/20/14

Hi again...I just wanted to add that I would have bet money I didn't have sleep apnea, had the sleep test done just in case it was required.  Turned out I had severe sleep apnea...long story short, it took me a good 4 months to get use to the thing, I would wake up finding that I had ripped it off.  I had to try a bunch of different masks to make it work, and now I can't sleep without it. 

• Referral:  Feb 2013/ Guelph  
  • RNY May 20th 2014 (Dr. Bhojani)                                                                         
  • 2nd RNY (revision due to marginal ulcers) Aug. 10th 2015 ( Dr. Bhojani)  
  • Revision to VSG (marginal ulcers): March 22nd 2016 (Hamilton, Dr. Hong)
  • Total Gastrectomy:  Dec. 15th 2016 (Hamilton, Dr. Hong)

more2adore
on 9/8/14 1:27 am
VSG on 03/28/15

Your response just made my day! Really glad I could help. :)

more2adore
on 9/8/14 1:30 am
VSG on 03/28/15

Oh, and if you get a new mask and it doesn't work, don't let your DME tell you your insurance won't cover you to try another one - all the mask manufacturers have a 30-day warranty on their masks, and the DME can return it to them. So they should let you keep trying masks until you find one that works for you, as long as you return it within 30 days if you hate it. Best of luck, and hang in there! :) It's worth it. 

Most Active