What are you eating/doing today (Thursday)

birdiegirl
on 9/3/14 7:23 pm

RNY  5 Years 5 Months Post Op

Morning

Waiting for my grocery order so I can make several trays of Shepherd's Pie for ourselves and family.  Then a busy day helping a friend.

STEPS - 6700

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

L - 5 oz grilled shrimp over couscous salad with dates and veg

D - 1.5 cups of shepherds pie

S - 1 Source dessert yogurt

1 popsicle

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,374,  Carbs - 128 Grams,  Fat - 28 Grams,  Protein - 100 grams

All water and vits

Have a great one  

TanyaLH
on 9/3/14 7:28 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

Posted at the same time again Barb...lol. I will post here and delete the other one.

15 months post op

steps 11529

Good morning

Suppose to be humid here today...summer has arrived!!! LOL

Off to work shortly for me.

B- 1/2 cup steel cut oats w/ 1/4cup fresh blueberries, protein coffee

S- 2 tbs hummus w/ a few cucumber slices and 3 celery sticks

L- 1 tex mex egg muffin w/ 1/2 cup sweet kale salad

D- 3 oz chicken breast w/ 2 small beets

S- tea, 1/3 cup greek yogurt

Be well everyone

Tanya

birdiegirl
on 9/3/14 7:33 pm

Hi Tanya

I hate when that happens...lol....I always have trouble copying and pasting so I just usually delete and forget about posting that day as I get frustrated...glad you don't have this techie issue

Don't you just love that kale salad?....I don't know how you can discipline yourself to just 1/2 cup......I split the package with my husband but give him the lions share...and I get 1 1/2 cups of it.....so good.

TanyaLH
on 9/3/14 8:11 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

I do love the kale salad, i only do 1/2 cup at a time because if I have too much, I am running to the bathroom. Sometimes I have it twice a day...I am such a rebel!! lol

Have a great day!

(deactivated member)
on 9/3/14 8:24 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

When I buy a bag of that kale salad, we split it in two as well.  When I buy my own ingredients and make it, a smaller portion is usually in the books.  I find once I mix the dressing on it, I don't want it sticking around so we eat the whole bag.  When I make my own, I don't put the dressing on the whole bowl so better portion control for me.

birdiegirl
on 9/3/14 8:36 pm

This is one of the few salads that I can eat the next day dressed and all.  I find it really doesn't go mushy.  It just doesn't happen very often as we inhale the whole lot.  Have you tried the other salad this brand makes?..I think its Thai?

(deactivated member)
on 9/3/14 8:39 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Our store has three different ones and I have tried them all.  One has a nice ginger dressing and I liked it but he was just so-so on it and the other might have been thai. The kale is the fav one though.  I have been more into sweeter dressings this summer so that's likely why.

kellybelly333
on 9/3/14 11:15 pm - Toronto, Canada

Mine is Thai....and I could probably eat the whole damn thing. Soooo good! My sister-in-law makes a great kale salad as well, also good the next day. She's a bit of a genius in the kitchen..good to have around!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

libra1
on 9/3/14 8:49 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

VSG - Sept.17, 2013 - Dr. Jackson, SW - 285.4 lbs, CW – 178.0 lbs, Total Loss - 107.4 lbs

Good morning everyone! I'm with you ladies---love kale salad!

The week is almost done. I’m looking forward to a productive day at work and an energetic walk at lunch. Hopefully the weather will hold out so I can go for another walk this evening. I’m really missing Vancouver and my daily walks by the seawall.

Have a good day!

B- Oatmeal with ground flaxseed & cinnamon and coffee

S- Greek yogurt

L- Cottage cheese and diced tomatoes

D- Chicken breast and roasted peppers

Snack-Mixed nuts

Cal-700, Carbs-51, Fat-25, Protein-85, Sugar-22, Chol-91

Sunny123
on 9/3/14 8:51 pm
RNY on 12/05/13

Good morning Ladies

Still working for the Financial Advisor and the real estate is still busy (which is good but makes for a long day).

Got my eating in check but my exercise is going by the way side...I know I have to get back at...I'm just a hair over being 'overweight'.

b - quaker protein oatmeal, milk and premier protein shake - the oatmeal alone doesn't fill me - I know :(

s - grapes - bought a huge box at Costco last night

1 - timmy's chili again...I am working next to timmy's this week and why the heck not?

s- melba, light laughing cow triangles

d - roasted chicken, salad

cal 1181 carbs 90 fat 41 protein 104

Jo ~  HW:297 SW: 279.6  GW:160 ~ Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at this moment!!  Dr Amy Neville Dec 5, 2013         

Most Active