Gastric Bypass and Isogenix products

ronshoneygirl23
on 8/31/14 12:58 am

Hi everyone. I am hoping to have a RNY in the near future. Orientation at HRRH on Thursday. What I was wondering is could I use Isagenix products after gastric bypass? I have a lot of friends and family that are on it and feel wonderful. Thanks

Christy

Diminishing Dawn
on 8/31/14 2:13 am - Windsor, Canada

Most MLM shakes are NOT appropriate for gastric patience.  They are generally poor Quality, have too many carbs and not enough protein. 

You need a shake that per 30 gram scoop has:

At LEAST 20 grams of protein. 

NO more than 5-6 carbs. 

Sugars under 5 (most good ones have around 2 grams or less)

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Blueiiis
on 8/31/14 6:48 am - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

Isn't isagenix for weight loss? If you are having surgery you won't need it.  If you want to use the products, maybe try them and see if you can avoid surgery??

ronshoneygirl23
on 8/31/14 9:17 am

The only reason I asked about Isagenix is because I have several people in my life that are really pushing it. I have been told repeatedly that it is so good for you so just inquired as I am really new to all this. I have been trying to lose this weight for 45 years and have lost and gained several times. Just wanted some information. I am ready to do what ever I need to  be successful in my weight loss quest. Thanks for your interest.

Diminishing Dawn
on 8/31/14 9:35 am - Windsor, Canada

Of course, they are pushing it.  HUGE MONEY maker.  I run an IRL support group and many facebook ones and am constantly bombarded by Body by vi sellers, isagenix, shakeology...etc.

Garbage but a VERY LUCRATIVE opportunity.

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

ronshoneygirl23
on 8/31/14 9:59 am

Thanks Dawn, that is how I feel as well. My Daughter-in-law is really pushing it. By the way. I looked at your pictures. Congrats on your success. You are beautiful before and after.

Christy

Most Active