What are you eating/doing today? (Thursday)

crqvingchange
on 8/27/14 9:17 pm, edited 8/27/14 9:18 pm

Good morning everyone. Feeling sore this morning, so I am looking forward to doing Aquafit in the warm pool.  Not a lot on the go today.  I have a doctor' appt. this afternoon, but he already called on Tuesday to say my Vit. D and iron are extremely low so I started Feramax on Tuesday and chewable vit. D.  Went out last night for dinner and live music was a lot of fun.

6 weeks post-op

B. Syntrax protein coffee before Aquafit

S. Poached egg with smoked salmon and a little Hollandaise

L.  Turkey swiss and tomato rollup

S. another Syntrax protein coffee

D. Leftover cajun shrimp on cheesy grits

S. 1/4 Chapman's sugar free Black Cherry icecream

Have a good day everyone.

dawn4511
on 8/27/14 9:54 pm - Niagara Falls, Canada
3 weeks post-op
Good Morning
Hubby has a ghost walk tonight so I will be solo with our 3yr old for the first time since surgery. I find it nail biting just a little bit lol.

300ml decaf black tea
500ml flavoured water
250ml protein drink
125ml lentil bacon soup
500ml flavoured water
250 protein drink
300 decaf tea
2350ml 84protein
Have an amazing day

10/18/07 RNY ( hw 305 sw 290 lw 189ish) St Joe's 08/14/14 RNY reversal to sleeve. I survived 3 leaks,4 operations and a feeding tube.

Patm
on 8/27/14 10:35 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning all. I have been extremely active this week but my fitbit does not look it. The last two days it says I only had just over 5, 000 steps. But I also rode my bike and went swimming. Yesterday I tried doing a length in the local pool. The pool is suppose to be just short of olympic length. It seemed long but I made to one end and back. I haven't done lengths for about a years. My shoulders are sore today. This on top of cooking and cleaning up a storm.

I am off for a walk this morning then more cooking. Company coming this afternoon. My eating will be bad but I will be mindful of what I eat.

b greek yogurt, raspberries, granola

l chili

s hummus and carrots or salsa

d smoked back ribs, 1 tbsp of baked beans, cabbage salad

s very small piece of peach pie to try it. Too much and I know I will react to the sugar.

My guess at stats. It may be higher

cal 1054, carb 128, prot 66.7

crqvingchange
on 8/28/14 3:09 am

Wow Pat, you were busy yesterday.  Have fun when your company visits.

Karen M.
on 8/27/14 11:12 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Morning all :)

Gorgeous day out there! Took an early walk to get moving (even before coffee, unheard of) and I had to wear a jacket - fall is coming :( Have some errands to run today and a big grocery shop to do (my fridge looks EMPTY) so no leftovers today for a change lol Cooking for a crowd is still so engrained that I always seem to end up with a fridge full of leftovers (and that's after sharing with Andrew, my parents, strangers on the street... j/k). Not sure what else but the garden always needs attention.

8 years post-op

-coffee with cream x 3 over the morning -

B - Premier protein shake, Source Greek 50

S - 2 oz tuna salad on top of cucumber slices

L - roast beef/Havarti/pickle roll-ups with horseradish (3), 2 melba toast with a little herb/garlic cream cheese and cucumber & tomato slices

S - Chike protein iced coffee, later: peach

D - BBQ burger all the fixings no bun, grilled mushrooms & onions

S - not sure I'll want one, decaf with cream for sure

Have a great day!

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Karen M.
on 8/27/14 11:16 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Meant to add: Keep an eye on that iron and D. Feramax is great, you'll find that Vitamin D3 is the easiest absorbed (your body takes D2 and converts it into D3 anyway, so avoid the middle-man).

Karen

crqvingchange
on 8/28/14 3:12 am

Thanks Karen, I bought the Webber Naturals chewable D3 1000IU.  I am taking 4 a day, we'll see what the Dr. says when I see him later this afternoon.  So far no issues with the Feramax except a little constipation (sorry TMI).  Dr. said on Tuesday when he called that I get retested every 6 to 8 weeks to see how the levels are.

Karen M.
on 8/28/14 3:19 am - Mississauga, Canada

When you see him, ask for numbers so you can keep track yourself. Sometimes doctors aren't as concerned as they should be with lows especially ferritin levels. You're on good vitamins - I hope your body cooperates and absorbs them.

Karen

Zizzler
on 8/28/14 4:04 am

Soft foods is going well so far.  I bought some triscuits and melba toast yesterday as they are allowed at this stage.  Tasted good but boy did they fill me up fast - I will have to be careful of them in the future as I ate them too fast and my felt too heavy in my pouch.  Also they made me super thirsty, which is not great because I had to wait half an hour to have a drink.  But it was nice to have something that is not soft for a change.  Also had some piri piri chicken cold cuts, lf swiss cheese, and lf tex mex cheese yesterday, all were good.  I think I am better off making chips out of the cheese in the microwave, it is too tempting to eat crackers fast. They feel good at first but they must expand in the stomach or something, sneaks up on you. 

Brunch - grk yogurt shake with frozen fruit and protein powder, multivitamin

L - swiss cheese chips (microwave lf swiss cheese) with salsa, calcium

S - orange juice protein shake with calcium

D - lf goat cheese brie with canned peaches, calcium

S - freezie, sf grape Dasani

Today would like to make beef chilli and more bean and potato mash.

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Karen M.
on 8/28/14 4:26 am - Mississauga, Canada

CRACKers are crack to me - such a delicious little slider food. I've really had to change the way I look at crackers - now, they're just a vessel to carry the good stuff (cheese, meat, etc). :)

You're doing really well!

Karen

Most Active