ALS Ice Bucket Challenge

KerryF.
on 8/23/14 9:44 am - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

so I was nominated for the ice bucket challenge. This requires me of course to make a video of myself and posting it on the net. Which made me a bag of nervous!! I have not been letting a lot of people outside of my immediate family and work colleagues see me. the amount of weight I've lost is more than I currently weigh and it's really freaking people out. (customers and other business people seeing me for the first time)

and so I pulled on my big girl panties - panicked for 24 hours - and then just did it. Now I'm getting private messages from hell and everyone wants to know what I've done to lose so much weight. Fortunately my poor Dad who still doesn't know about the surgery has very bad eyes ( he actually only has 1 eye) and so he hasn't even realized a difference LOL. which in itself is kinda scary since he still drives a car

at the end of the day it also gave me the courage to change my facebook picture too.  I so hope the messages stop and no one actually says the word surgery anywhere.

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

Karen M.
on 8/23/14 10:15 am - Mississauga, Canada

Kerry, it's time to come out of hiding! You have done an incredible job with your weight loss - own it and love it! No need to go into details with anyone unless they're looking for help themselves.

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Kwelbru
on 8/23/14 11:21 pm - Canada

I came out on Facebook after I lost 100lbs - It was tough but I'm glad I did it in the end because I don't feel burdened by the secret anymore.  

My biggest fear was people was people saying I took the easy way out.... We all know this is anything but easy it's a daily routine full of challenge and discipline.  The worst thing that happened to me is a cousin wanted to know what diet I was following.  I wrote back... No reply.  Oh we'll.

My advice is to "own it" and be proud of all you have accomplished.  

You deserve it!!!!

SURGERY @ HRRH with Dr STARR on May 23/14 >>ORIENTATION WEIGHT 372lbs // OPTIFAST START WEIGHT 334lbs // SURGERY WEIGHT  319 lbs  // 3 MOS POST-OP 261lbs

KerryF.
on 8/23/14 11:58 pm - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

just not brave enough yet  I ended up hiding it on my timeline this morning because it was attracting to much attention

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

Darbaybe_2014
on 8/25/14 12:08 am - Kitchener, Canada

I have to say I think it is so sweet your Dad has not noticed, even with his one eye....to me that is lovely....he sees his beautiful daughter regardless of her weight...What a wonderful gift....Or it might just be he has only the one eye...hehehe...thanks for the chuckle and I TOO think you should come out of hiding and be so so proud of yourself...I am pre surgery and learning everyday this is most certainly NOT the easy way out...My fear is my family who are all BIG PEOPLE seem to freak when anyone losses weight..." Oh My God are you sick?" " You must be dying you are so thin." " eat something you look too skinny" LOL...YIKEES....

Referral to Guelph:  January 2014 ~ Orientation Guelph: April 24.14~ Meet Nurse: June 03.14, August 28.14 ~ Meet SW: June 16.14 & Aug.28.14 & Feb.09.15   ~ Meet Dietician: June 16.14, August 28.14 & Nov.19.14~  Dec.31.14 & Feb.05.15 Meet Internist Dr Agarwal: Sept.28.14 ~ Post Op Nutrition class: March 16.2015  Meet Surgeon: April 16.15 ~ Approved for surgery: April 16.15 ~  Surgery Date: July 14.15 ~ Started Opti:  July 07.14~ Opti Starting weight: TBD~ Surgery weight: TBD ~ Goal weight: 150  

Most Active