3 days post op and kind of confused

Mazey_x
on 8/22/14 2:46 am - Peterborough, Canada
VSG on 08/19/14

So I had my vsg on Tuesday and everything went well.  I've had no nausea or anything and I'm trying to get eating on track but how do you keep track of your intake when you can only eat a few bits?  Maybe there is a simple solution to my conundrum but I just can't seem to figure it out.  I've been adding protein powder to just about everything I can but I'm only able to eat a little before it just doesn't feel very good and I lose interest.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

1. Referal: Aug 17th 2011            Orientation:Nov ,2011 Nurse Practitioner: Dec 22nd 2011   Social Worker: Dec 22nd 2011 Nutrition Class: April 3rd, 2012       Dietitian:April 3rd, 2012 Psychologist:April 2nd, 2012    
  2. Follow up Dietitian: November 16th 2012  Follow up Psychologist: August 28th 2012     Surgeon Meeting:Feb 17, 2012     2nd Surgeon Meeting: April 2014         VSG Surgery Date: Aug 19th 2014
Karen M.
on 8/22/14 2:48 am - Mississauga, Canada

Welcome home!

When I was newly post-op and home I used to write everything in a little journal to keep track of what I planned, what I tried, and what I actually got in, including water. It's going to take some time to get adjusted and don't be surprised if eating and drinking takes a long time at first. Think of it as your new "full-time job". lol

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Caroline K.
on 8/22/14 3:03 am

I use MyFitnessPal (free website and app) to log pretty much everything I eat and drink, though I do miss a day here and there. Anyways, for the first few weeks, Guelph had given us suggested amounts, so I made up a little list on some paper, and I checked off 125 mL amounts of clear liquids (or whatever) as I finished things. It helped me keep on track. Same idea for the protein powder. Measure out your initial amount, and then if you've used it up by the end of the day, you know how much you consumed. I don't angst too much about getting everything down at the exact time, but try to be accurate for the overall amount consumed in a day at least.

Referred to Guelph, Dec. 3/12. Orientation: Mar 7/13. NUT/SW/RN Jun 18/13. Nutrition Class Jul 3/13. NUT/SW/RN Aug 19/13. Post-op Nutrition Class Dec 30/13. Approval for surgery from Dr. Jules Foute Nelong Feb 10/14. Surgery Apr 23/14.

Most Active