Hey everyone, I have a question

Carbasics
on 8/19/14 12:15 pm - Etobicoke, Canada

Hey everyone hope all of you are doing amazing, 

Well just to let you all know my 411, I've been doing great everything has been going down I'm almost 2 months out and I've lost 42lbs, so my question is, if anyone has tried body by vi shake? I use to drink it before when I was trying to lose weight, I really don't like the Gnc  shake at all and also what kinds of exercise have you all been doing? You think it's ok to do p90x right now or should I wait.

Referral sent- January 31/14 Referral received- February 14/14 Information Session TWH- April 2/14 Social Worker- April 7/14 Nurse PractitionerApril 7/14 Psychometry- April 22/14 Nutrition ClassMay 6/14 Nutrition Assessment- May 16/14 Meet Surgeon - June 5/14 Surgery Date - June 23/14

DeeMishka
on 8/19/14 1:03 pm
RNY on 08/08/14

I did body by vi prior to surgery as well. And I took a package with me to my dietician before surgery and she told me the carbs and sugar was too high for after surgery and may cause dumping syndrome. I have wondered about trying it with a no sugar added orange juice or something which would bring the sugar content down a bit. 

If you decide to try it let me know how it goes because I have a pile of it still and it might help me get my protein intake up a bit.

Catw
on 8/19/14 10:39 pm - Arnprior, Canada

I haven't tried Body by Vi, but isn't that a meal replacement? I would talk to your Nut before taking it.  I'd suggest trying a different brand of Protein shake.   A lot of people like the Premier Protein from Costco.  I have seen vanilla and chocolate.  I can't say one way or the other as the milk in most shakes causes me problems.  I prefer the Webber Mango Peach, or 4EverFit Fruit Blast.  Or check out Bulk Barn and get small amounts of powder to try making your own shakes.  People do that as well.

Cathy

Jiliana2
on 8/19/14 10:41 pm - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

Bio-X shakes that are sold at Popeye's are Canadian (yay!) and have very low sugar/carbs. They were approved by my dietitian at Ottawa. And bonus: Popeye's will let you take some to try at home before you have to purchase a tub of the stuff.

Wishing you lots of luck with your shakes and your exercise! (I've taken up jogging and I got a trainer to start a weight resistance plan for me. I alternate and I'm 'hoping' to run a 5K in the spring.)

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

Needanewbeginning
on 8/19/14 11:09 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

At 2 months out if you think you can start and manage p90x, I would check in first with your surgeon. As far as the protein powder, it looks very low in protein. Something like 12gms? Low sugar and low carb it is but there are many other protein powder/drink options out there that will have higher amounts of protein then this product. I use Costco brand premier protein shakes.

Just my thoughts for what they are worth.

Annette 👍

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

NorthernStar
on 8/20/14 1:48 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

Glad you're feling good! As far as I know, Body by Vi is a meal replacement shake. What are the stats? Always look at the nutritional info to make a good decision for yourself. You mention not liking GNC brand, have you tried Premier?

For exercise, at 4 months if you're feeling good you should be able to do a variety of activities. Were you cleared for exercise at your followup? P90X is a fantastic program but is not geared to beginners. If you like Beachbody programs, I would suggest 21 Day Fix, it's very modifiable. Walking is great. I started out with Turbo Jam DVDs myself when I was 6 weeks out and have steadily built my DVD collection since then as well as joining the gym.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Carbasics
on 8/21/14 10:31 am - Etobicoke, Canada

Thanks everyone for your wonderfull tips and Advice I will go to the bulk barn and try some before I ever buy a big jug of one, I asked the surgeon at 5 weeks out if I can exercise and he said yes, I'm not sure if its because he was busy and wanted me to hurry up with the questions, but I read on the paper it says 4-5 months, so I'll even it out and maybe do it at 3 months lol...or not  I'll wait till 4 months, I just hate seeing my arms and bum starting to sag I want them to be tight and firm lol, I guess I will keep on walking alot until its safe to do so. 

Thanks again everyone  

Referral sent- January 31/14 Referral received- February 14/14 Information Session TWH- April 2/14 Social Worker- April 7/14 Nurse PractitionerApril 7/14 Psychometry- April 22/14 Nutrition ClassMay 6/14 Nutrition Assessment- May 16/14 Meet Surgeon - June 5/14 Surgery Date - June 23/14

Most Active