Wait time

GI_Betty8822
on 8/17/14 3:14 am

Does anyone know the current wait time for Ottawa's Clinic for the initial assessment? My referral was sent a month ago and still have no appointment. Any tips or info would be greatly appreciated! 

mum2TNT
on 8/17/14 3:44 am - Oshawa, Canada

Hi Betty....I cannot answer for the Ottawa Clinic as I am going out of Humber River in Toronto.  I was referred May 29 and my orientation is Aug 18.....and that was after I phoned them, so I think they put me in a cancellation spot.  Maybe you should phone the Ottawa Clinic just inquiring if they received your referral....never know what they can do for you!  good luck

Chrissy  ~~~  doctor referral May 29/14; info session Aug 18/14surgeon appt Dr. Starr  Oct 15/14dietitian, social worker & nurse Dec 11/142nd appts dietitian, SW & nurse Jan 19/15;  Dr. Glazer Feb 25/15; 2 weeks OPTIFAST April 15/15; surgery date April 29/15    AGE: 48   HEIGHT: 5'6"  

Catw
on 8/17/14 7:42 am - Arnprior, Canada

You can call to see if they have your referral and ask what the current wait times are. The WLC doesn't have a cancellation list.  You will be asked to do some tests that do have a cancellation list though.

Good luck on your journey,

Cathy

KM_Ottawa
on 8/17/14 9:49 am

I was referred in Sept 2013 and my orientation was set for Feb 25th --- so roughly 5 months from referral date.  (I wound up going the self pay route in Montreal and ironically had my surgery the day before my orientation was scheduled for.)   When I called about 2 months into the wait (November) I was told it would be 4 to 8 months from when they received my referral to when the orientation would occur.

You can call but it won't speed up the process.  When I asked about getting on the list for cancellations, they said they don't do that either. 

Most Active