What are you eating/doing today (Sunday)

birdiegirl
on 8/16/14 9:43 pm

RNY  5 Years 4 Months Post Op

Lost my match yesterday....going to take today to rest up for a busy week ahead.

STEPS - 11250

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

L - 1.5 skewers of chicken souvlaki

4 TB of tzatziki sauce

D - 4 oz breaded pork tenderloin

1.5 cups of sweet kale salad

few green beans

S - 4 pickled beets

1 Jello S/F pudding

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,055,  Carbs - 60 grams,  Fat - 28 Grams,  Protein - 70 grams

All water and vits...more decaf

Have a great one  

Patm
on 8/16/14 10:06 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning Barb. Sorry you did not continue in your golf tournament. On the bright side it will give you time to rest your foot. Hope it is getting better.

Did a lot of cooking yesterday. Made baked beans using sugar and sugar free syrup. Too sweet. Also made chili and ham and bean soup.

I am going out for dinner tonight to my brother's. We are meeting at his boat and may go for a sail. Depends on the weather. My sil is not a great sailor and only goes out when the weather is just right. It will be cold so will take a warm coat in case. This means I have no idea what dinner will be. They usually try to have something I can eat. My sil is a great cook so we will see.

So here is the menu I know I will eat.

b egg and bacon

l ham and pea soup

Hope everyone has a great day

birdiegirl
on 8/16/14 10:21 pm

Hi Pat

do you add mustard and ketchup to your beans?....I add this plus some brown sugar and load some bacon on top.....and bake for about 4 hours....they get really thick ...certainly not low cal....but delish

You and I both love ham and pea soup....I have some in the freezer......hope the weather holds for you and yes take a sweater....I froze last night outside

crqvingchange
on 8/17/14 12:29 am

Good morning everyone.  Sorry you lost your match yesterday Barb, but making it to the finals is nothing to sneeze at.  Pat and evening sail on a summer evening sounds like heaven.  Lately our evening seem more like it's fall.  Last night I broke out the warm fuzzy pajamas.  We went out for dinner last night with friends to the BBQ joint we like to go to.  I did get called out on the little amount I ate, but I said I think they add sugar to this so I'd better only have a small amount (I'm diabetic) and no one argued with that.  It was a fun evening and the music was so good we stayed til they closed.  Today we are going out for brunch on the patio of a local restaurant.  This is a belated birthday brunch.

4 weeks post-op

B. lots of decaf, lobster eggs benedict (no English muffin)

S. I think we are going for a drive after brunch so I may have 1/4 of a Quest bar in the car

L.  1 Greek yogurt

S. maybe another 1/4 of the Quest bar

D. Leftovers from last night's dinner - blackened catfish, cheesy grits, BBQ baked beans - there will still be leftovers

S. 1 Greek 50 yogurt lime

Have a great day. 

Patm
on 8/17/14 3:13 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

It did call for ketchup and mustard. The mustard gave it a nice nip. But it also called for 1 cup brown sugar. I use3d 1/2 sugar and 1/2 brown splenda. It also called for 1/2 c maple syrup. I used Sf. I think sometimes when you use substitutes they are sweeter.

Karen M.
on 8/17/14 1:33 am - Mississauga, Canada

I'd be bringing a freakin' parka - have a great time :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Patm
on 8/17/14 3:13 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

definitely a warm coat and sweater. The sun has gone in and it seems to be getting cooler

Karen M.
on 8/17/14 1:32 am - Mississauga, Canada

Morning all,

Barb, sorry about the loss - I'll bet you were pissed. ;) Drive-in was a no-go last night so we had movie night at home. Really hoping the weather is a little warmer today, I've spent the past few days in jeans and hoodies ffs. And socks. I never wear socks. I hate socks. /end whine

8 years post-op

B - coffee with cream x 3 over the morning, source greek 50 lemon

S - premier protein shake, later: handful of grapes and cherries

L - leftover chicken/veggie stir-fry

S - Chike protein iced coffee (I'm going to try heating this to make protein coffee - the container doesn't say anything about not heating it and frankly, I'm too f'ing cold to drink anything iced), later: veggies and dip, 2 crackers with Swiss

D - BBQ meat of some sort (Andrew is bringing, so I guess it's a surprise lol), grilled veggies, 1/2 cup sweet kale salad

S - likely just decaf and cream

Have a good one,

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Sassy75
on 8/17/14 5:16 am - North York, Canada

What is kale salad that several of you talk about? Can I get the recipe? 

birdiegirl
on 8/17/14 8:52 am

Hi Sassy

Its available in most grocery stores in the bagged salad section.....its Eat Smart brand sweet kale salad......yummy but high in calories due to the dressing and cranberries etc.....so I just portion it out and enjoy

Most Active