update, update, and a question.

(deactivated member)
on 8/14/14 1:24 pm - London, Canada

Hey lovely ladies and gents.

I'm in the finally haul of this process and will be meeting my surgeon next week Friday the 22nd. So i'm sure surgery is just around the corner. thats my update lol BUT my question is. for those who have had the surgery, do you have, or would you be so kind to compile a list of things I should pack for me 2-3days in the hospital?

thank you, please feel free to chat with me sometime.

DeeMishka
on 8/14/14 1:34 pm
RNY on 08/08/14

I had surgery last Friday and I packed a few pads just in case because a lot of people get their menstrual cycle. Slippers, house coat, very loose pj pants (didn't get to use them other then the ride home) a fan and a pillow for the ride home. 

I had my husband bring the fan in the day after surgery so I didn't have to carry a pile of stuff the day of surgery and same with my pillow. One thing I would suggest is ear plugs I had a horrible experience and had a lady beside me who was elderly but screamed all night long till about 5-6am and then her family would show up at 8am and keep me up during the day as well. 

(deactivated member)
on 8/14/14 2:32 pm - London, Canada

Thank you so much.

mellabella115
on 8/14/14 3:42 pm - North York, Canada

This may sound silly but you said you didn't get to wear ur pjs until the ride home? When they have u up and walking around what are u supposed to wear? Jyst that little gown with ur bum hanging out the back? Lol

DeeMishka
on 8/14/14 4:04 pm
RNY on 08/08/14

LOL yup I was given one gown to wear and the funny thing was they gave me a pair of pants before surgery but they were an XL and a small XL at that I saw a lady who weighed about 150lbs and they fit her nicely clearly the pants didn't fit me or I wouldn't have been having WLS lol. That's why I had a house coat I put that over my gown to cover up my bum. 

mellabella115
on 8/14/14 4:36 pm - North York, Canada

Lol...ok good to know...

Soon_to_Shrink
on 8/14/14 4:58 pm

I packed a few magazines and a book, 1 pair of pjs (tank and Capri pants style), and extra pair of Capri exercise pants, and wore the same close to and from the hospital.  I second ear plugs and maybe a sleep mask if you have one.  The beds are noisy and people are constantly walking around including the nurses to poke, prod check, etc.  I did't take slippers but rather slip on sketcher runners for walking the halls and some flip flops for the shower.  I also packed basic toiletries - deodorant, shampoo and conditioner, tooth brush and paste, hair brush and lots of elastics, etc.

i was much more comfortable walking in sneakers with my pj bottoms and the hospital gown.  I think I would have been too hot with a housecoat or two gowns which is what they offer if you don't bring clothes.  I had some minor problems with leaky bandages and was glad I had a second pair of pants after the first got blood on them.  I also suggest bringing you cell phone.  The hospital phones are costly and have long extensions which make it difficult for family to reach you.

if all goes well you'll be in and out very quick and won't need much.

Blueiiis
on 8/14/14 11:50 pm - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

Definitely agree with the ear plugs and sleep mask. I had a horrible experience and did not get much sleep at all, despite the amount of drugs they pumped into me. 

I took pj's to wear the day after surgery, felt so good to get washed up and put on my own clothes, plus made it easier to get up and down not worrying if my ass was hanging out of my gown.  I also took yoga pants and tshirt with a soft sports bra to wear home, which worked out well.  

Bring a pillow for the car ride home to press against your tummy. 

Most Active