Does anyone wonder how their face will change after weight loss?

(deactivated member)
on 8/14/14 5:58 am - Toronto, Canada

I know, sounds like a weird question... I just find when people lose drastic amounts of weight, I barely recognize them anymore. Little things seems to have changed, like the nose, the shape of the face obviously, while some don't really look different at all, I find most unrecognizable. 

It will be interesting to see that transformation as well as the body. I tend to lose the most weight in my face first, and gain it there first also. My face looks pretty bloated right now, trying to consume less sodium, but still, I look bloated. 

OK, I'll stop rambling now. Just looking so forward to watching the entire transformation. I'm thinking I should really take some before photos of me, which I have not done yet. Just as a reminder of how far I have come, and also to look back on after surgery, during those days when I may feel my body hasn't changed, even though it has. You know how our minds play tricks on us like that.

I feel like the countdown is on for me now, and I am so ready to rock it :D :D

Happy fall like Thursday!

kellybelly333
on 8/14/14 6:12 am - Toronto, Canada

My face has changed. People don't recognize me. I think that it depends on how you carry your weight in your face to begin with. I was very round, with a few chins :-) Not so much anymore!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

(deactivated member)
on 8/14/14 6:21 am - Toronto, Canada

My face is bloated, chubby cheeks, but tight at the *****ongratulations to you, Must feel amazing :)

kellybelly333
on 8/15/14 3:54 am - Toronto, Canada

Hmm. I sometimes feel pretty darn good, other times I feel pretty darn old. I gained wrinkles and a big of sag from my weight loss. And it's been a very weird thing not recognizing myself in the mirror. 

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Patm
on 8/14/14 8:16 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Definitely take some before pictures. You be happy you do after your loss. I now look at lot like my mother which I never did before

(deactivated member)
on 8/14/14 8:40 am - Toronto, Canada

I think I should... I just don't imagine I'll be sharing them online, who knows, maybe my confidence level will change that once I reach goal (I am that positive I'll get there :) Why not be optimistic about that right? But yeah, right now, I can barely stand to look at photos of myself alone, let alone share them with the world... Just feel a huge sense of disappointment. But I think you're right, I should, just to remind myself of how far I've come.

Thanks for the feedback :)

TES
on 8/14/14 9:17 am - Ottawa, Canada

I have a feeling I'm going to look like a Shar-pei dog in a couple of months.  All that fat had been plumping out the wrinkles!!!!

TES

(deactivated member)
on 8/14/14 9:24 am - Toronto, Canada

I was wondering that too, if I am going to age ten years... I guess we take the good with the bad, and the good far outweighs that :D

Laurie C.
on 8/14/14 10:09 am - Collingwood, ON, Canada

My face is really wrinkly and I never knew I had a square jaw.  I have to admit that I was a sun lover when I was younger so the wrinkles are my own fault.

Laurie

Surgery:  June 11, 2012--Dr. Starr--Humber

(deactivated member)
on 8/14/14 10:17 am - Toronto, Canada

I'm as pale as can be, and never have been a sun worshipper, hate sweating...Plus, all it ever gave me were a few freckles! I may become a sun lover after this journey though :):):)

Thanks for the feedback 

Most Active