Wenders8
on 8/12/14 9:06 pm, edited 8/13/14 8:47 am

On July 10th I made the decision to change my life and work on becoming me again- happy.  my referral has been sent so I am now in the process.   I am very excited and ready for this.  I have to say the knowledge , information and positivity on OH is amazing!  I have been cruising this site for awhile now and I am blown away!!  Looking forward to sharing this experience with such an amazing support group! 

northernga1
on 8/13/14 1:23 am - Elliot Lake, Canada

welcome to the group i'm fairly new in the process also, had my orientation on July 30th.  read as much as you can from the forums when i'm not busy and sit and read and research the more informed i am the more prepared i am for my appointments to come.

Referral Feb 14 2014; Orientation July 30 2014; 1 on 1's Feb 17, 2015; Pre op May 27 2015; Surgery date June 16, 2015

Wenders8
on 8/13/14 6:17 am

Thanks for the welcome and advice!

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/14 8:12 am - Toronto, Canada

Welcome! There is a wealth of knowledge here!

-L

Wenders8
on 8/13/14 8:49 am, edited 8/13/14 8:52 am

Thanks Lynne! I am committed to using all tools available to help me through this! 

Linsie
on 8/13/14 10:00 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 05/22/14

This website honestly was my rock...got me through the entire process and surgery (i'm almost 3 months post op out of Guelph clinic). At first, I was a little embarrassed to talk to family/friends about going through WLS because as many people think "why can't you just do it yourself and lose the weight? eat better, eat less, and workout".  This was my main support system other than a few select people in my life. Ask any questions, or concerns you may have, people will always give you their opinion which you can take or leave (i've seen some evil's out there).

Welcome to your journey, it's a life long one!

Wenders8
on 8/14/14 6:11 am

Hi Linsie!  Sounds like we have a lot in common.  I too haven't shared my decision with many .. My husband and one close friend.  I do have a wonderful group of good friends who I know will support me once I share with them but I am not quite ready for that stage yet.  I will get there but it took me two years to get the courage to ask my doctor for the referral.  I will definitely be asking a lot of questions, and am very thankful to have this forum to help me through this.  I am ready for this journey, soooo ready.  thanks for your words of encouragement and advice! 

keljay1224
on 8/19/14 1:46 am - Canada

I'm new on this journey as well. I just had my orientation at St Joes in Hamilton on Aug 11th. Now the waiting game begins. Good luck on your journey......Kelly 

Most Active