What are you eating/doing today (Thursday)

birdiegirl
on 8/13/14 8:37 pm

RNY  5 Years 4 Months Post Op

Morning

out the door shortly for a busy day ahead....meeting friends for lunch.  I have gone on the menu and pre-selected my meal.  Home tonight and hopefully alone with my husband for the first time in 6 weeks

STEPS - 6700

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of regular coffee

Premier protein shake

L - Greek salad with 4 oz grilled chicken

D - panko crusted tilapia

1/2 cup of roasted butternut squash

1/5 cups of sweet kale salad

S - Source dessert yogurt

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,213,  Carbs - 72 Grams,  Fat - 67 Grams,  Protein - 97 Grams

All water and vits

Have a great one  

libra1
on 8/13/14 8:51 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

VSG - Sept.17, 2013 - Dr. Jackson, SW - 285.4 lbs, CW – 178.0 lbs, Total Loss - 107.4 lbs

Good morning everyone! Your dinner looks delish Barb...I love tilapia and butternut squash!

Yesterday was interesting...injected with some sort of radioactive stuff to make my bones “glow” and pick up on any abnormalities. The whole process took about 3 hours. I should know the results next week. Today is full of grocery and art supply shopping. For fun, my sweet sister-in-law signed us up for a day long art workshop and we just got the supply list ... very long and expensive. 

Hope everyone has a good day!

B- Oatmeal with ground flaxseed & cinnamon and coffee

Snack-Greek yogurt

L-1% cottage cheese with mixed veggies (ran out of ketchup )

Snack- Skinny latte

S- Eggs and tomatoes

Snack-Greek yogurt

Cal-700, Carbs-55, Fat-13, Protein-74, Sugar-18, Chol-243

birdiegirl
on 8/13/14 8:59 pm

Hi Libra

Was it a type of dexa scan?  Just being nosy....glad you are looking after yourself

libra1
on 8/13/14 9:14 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

No, it wasn't the DXA scan, it was a Nuclear Medicine bone scan which shows the effects of injury or disease or infection on the bones and also shows whether there has been any improvement or deterioration in a bone abnormality after treatment. A radioactive material (radiopharmaceutical) is injected into a vein, attaches to the bones and is detected by a special camera (gamma camera) that takes images or pictures that show how the bones are working.

My right leg is full of screws and has a rod through it, and I've been having severe pain in my hips and shoulder... and if that wasn't enough ... a week ago, during yoga, I think I popped a couple of ribs which have been kind of painful. Aren't you glad you asked (hehehe!--I'm officially an old fart).

birdiegirl
on 8/13/14 9:33 pm

ughh....I feel your pain.....hope they have some type of therapy - drug or otherwise - to ease the pain

crqvingchange
on 8/13/14 10:17 pm

Good Morning Everyone. Barb have fun with your friends and enjoy a quiet evening with your hubby.  Libra that sounds like a really interesting test.  I also had a rod in my leg (right femur) for 3 years and I broke all the bones in my foot which makes for some painful arthritis flareups. Today I am in week 4 and starting normal foods.  I am afraid to try anything solid aways from home, just in case there is an unpleasant response, so I am going to get takeout from a restaurant that my hubby and I used to go to, and order what I would order if we were there.  The restaurant doesn't have a super healthy menu so my choices are very limited (they have live music and that's why we go there).

4 weeks post-op Regular foods - happy dance 

B. scrambled eggs, small amount of chopped tomato, salsa and a little shredded cheese 1 large decaf

S. syntrax cappucino protein coffee

L. 1 greek yogurt and some fruits packed in water

S. another syntrax cappucino protein coffee

D. Blackened catfish, baked beans, cheese grits (never had these) salsa......stop me if you think I'm going wrong here.  All other choices at the restaurant are salads and BBQ meats

S. don't think I'll need one,but if I do, I'll eat a little leftovers from dinner.

Have a good day everyone 

TanyaLH
on 8/13/14 11:00 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

14 months post op

steps 12659

What a lovely fall morning here.... ugh!

Barb, enjoy your quiet evening with your hubby!

Libra, have fun shopping :)

Today is my Friday..yaaaaaa. Doggie walks with jacket on!

B- Mexican egg muffin, protein coffee.

S- 1 sm peach, 1 source yogurt

L- 1 cup Taco soup

D- 1 cup Taco soup w/ 1 oz LF old cheddar cheese

S- Tea 1/3 cup greek yogurt

Be well everyone

Tanya

Onward and
Downward

on 8/13/14 11:05 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

I'm impressed with the 1/5 cup of kale salad, Barb. I don't have cup measures that do 1/5! :)

I had a horrible eating day yesterday. Didn't plan anything and had mini binges on crap all day. Went out to dinner with my dad and his wife because they were in town (which is why I couldn't go to coffee night last night), and at least I just ordered a Greek salad. But it was drenched in dressing - forgot to ask for the dressing on the side. Strangely enough, though, it didn't show up on the scale this morning.  So I smartened up today and took time to pack my meals and snacks. I scrounged for food today - lots of good and healthy food in the house but not a ton of protein heavy stuff, unfortunately. But I cobbled some stuff together so that I'm eating protein with every snack and meal.

Today...rode my bike to work for the first time in a couple of weeks, and boy did I feel it. The head wind didn't help either. But I feel great now. Haven't been able to ride due to a combination of bad weather and needing my car to lug stuff to and from.

1 YEAR, 9 MONTHS POST-RNY

B - Fried egg on 1 slice of P28 bread

S - Beef jerky. Also brought some cherries, carrot sticks and cucumber slices to snack on, as well as a delicious Ontario peach - at least I'm hoping it's delicious - it's the first one I'll have had this year!

L - 1/2 poppy seed bagel with some light salmon cream cheese and perhaps a few smoked oysters

S - Some mixed nuts, and some of the fruit and veggies I mentioned in the snack above.

D - Going out for dinner tonight with a friend - I think we're going to a Japanese restaurant, so I'll find something with protein. Maybe salmon teriyaki or something like that.

S - Not sure, probably more fruit.

Have a great day everyone!

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Patm
on 8/14/14 1:00 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

The head winds can be a killer. I was exhausted yesterday going to work and I do not have as far as you. Congrats on making it

Onward and
Downward

on 8/14/14 1:08 am - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12

Thanks! I walked one hill and even that was exhausting! :) Hoping the rain either comes in the early afternoon while I'm still working, or in the late evening after I get home. :)

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Most Active