What are you eating/doing today? (Wednesday)

Karen M.
on 8/12/14 8:21 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Good morning!

Off to an early start this morning apparently. The usual domestic goddess grind today and I've also invited my 6 year old neighbour over to learn how to bake banana bread (she's a bit of a lost little soul - I swear she hangs out in her garden waiting for me to come outside in mine LOL), which will be fun. The wonderful thing about other people's children is that they stay for fun and then go home.

8 years post-op

B - coffee with cream x 3 over the morning, source greek 0%

S - crustless quiche (muffin sized), later: Premier protein shake while baking

L - 3 ham/cheese/pickle roll-ups, Caesar salad, very thin slice banana bread

S - Chike protein iced coffee

D - 4 oz prime rib, 1/4 cup mashed potatoes, a little gravy, 1/4 cup carrots, a couple of green beans (no idea why I am cooking a roast mid-week other than it was calling my name from the freezer the other day)

S - likely just decaf with cream

Have a great day everyone!

K.

P.S. TRACEY - if you are reading, I got the Hamilton Beach percolator (really cheap too at XS Cargo, refurbished $29.95) and the coffee is more than awesome. Thank you for the recommendation!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

birdiegirl
on 8/12/14 8:38 pm

RNY  5 Years 4 Months post Op

Morning

Enjoy your baking Karen....sounds like fun.  I haven't made perked coffee in years.  Interesting you find it better then Keurig as I sure love my coffee.  Busy day ahead with family stuff.....relatives coming to stay for one night so a nice dinner at home this evening

STEPS - 6800

EATS

B - 2 mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake

L - 2 ham and cucumber roll ups

D - 1.5 cups of kale salad

4 oz beef tenderloin

1-2 baby roasted potatoes

couple of bites of grilled zuchinni

glass of merlot

wild blueberries - blackberries - raspberries over very small scoop of frozen yogurt

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,291,  Carbs - 110 Grams,  Fat - 33 Grams,  Protein - 101 Grams

All water and vits

Have a great one  

Karen M.
on 8/12/14 8:54 pm, edited 8/12/14 9:15 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Not better really, just different. I love my Keurig, French press, drip coffee maker and percolator all equally. LOL

I hope your foot is feeling better.

Karen

(deactivated member)
on 8/12/14 8:41 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

When it comes to coffee I know what I am talking about.  Enjoy.  :)

Karen M.
on 8/12/14 9:23 pm - Mississauga, Canada

When it comes to all-things-cuisine you know what you are talking about.

Karen

libra1
on 8/12/14 11:04 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/17/13

VSG - Sept.17, 2013 - Dr. Jackson, SW - 285.4 lbs, CW – 178.0 lbs, Total Loss - 107.4 lbs

Good morning everyone! Today I’ll be spending a few hours getting a bone scan...apparently they inject you with stuff and then you wait a couple of hours and then they do the scan. Anywho...Breakfast and Dinner covered, but I’m not sure about anything else.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

B- Oatmeal with ground flaxseed & cinnamon and coffee

D- Extra lean turkey with marinara sauce and mixed veggies

Snack-Greek yogurt

Patm
on 8/12/14 11:22 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

That sounds like a different bone scan. I have had a couple and never been injected with anything.

Karen M.
on 8/12/14 11:28 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I haven't had anything with dye either, but mine was just a simple bone density scan. Sounds "fun" though. lol

Karen

Patm
on 8/12/14 11:40 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning everyone. I went to the Argo game last night. It was awesome and they won. I figured Winnipeg would run over them but they were soundly trounced

I decided to do some shopping before meeting DH for dinner. Picked up some popcorn which I knew I shouldn't. We went to Swiss Chalet. I have not had their food in a long time. The one closest to us is mostly take out and it is always cold so we stopped getting it. I always get dark meat because white meat often does not agree with me. Well I could not believe how greasy it was. I do not deal with grease well. So I ate a little meat and some salad then feeling a little queasy I stopped.

An hour later I was a little hungry so got out the popcorn. When I bought it, it said it had 4 g of sugar per 7 cups of popcorn. I figured as a treat it wasn't bad. Well I think it was probably more like 4 gr per 1 cup. When we got up to leave I was a little light headed and a bit of a cold sweat. Being light headed got worse. I got some water and held onto my husband to leave the dome. After walking in the cool air I started to feel better. I am pretty sure it was a reaction to the popcorn or really the sugar. I find I am getting more sensitive to sugar.

So this morning I figured I needed exercise and biked to work. The wind was in my face the whole way. I bike along lakeshore which is really open. I use Map my Ride which tells me I usually do about 14 km but this morning it was more like 9. The worst part is with my luck the wind will have shifted by the time I go home and it will again be in my face.

I made my lunch today then remembered I have to meet people for a lunch meeting. They picked the Corn Beef House. Before surgery I would have been thrilled. Not so much now. They have a small garden salad you can add chicken to.

b greek yogurt, granola, blueberries

s almonds

l salad with ch****n

s grapes

d chicken. salsa, salad

s Dessert yogurt

Cal 1006, carb 94.6, prot 68.9

If I do not die from the ride home I will be going to the East End Coffee

kellybelly333
on 8/12/14 11:55 pm - Toronto, Canada

Morning all. 

Went to see Lucy last night with Ross' nieces (they are 16) last night. I enjoyed almost an entire small bag of popcorn (Karen's favourite - ha!) which was good, because the movie itself was just "meh" (as my daughter says). 

Ran 10.25k at a 5:44 pace this morning. This is nice and on track for the time I would like to achieve for my marathon. And my map of my run tells me so. A big checkmark LOL (just like what you showed me Pat. LOL)

3.5 years post-rny

1 hour run - marathon training

b: greek yogurt mix

S: ryvita and cheese

L: chicken and kale salad

S: quest bar and latte (not together, in case newbies are reading this, I still wait the half an hour after I eat before I drink)

D: zucchini noodles and beef and veggie pasta sauce

Totals: Calories: 1,215 Carb: 93 Fat: 45 Protein: 124 Fibre: 24 Sugar: 23 

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Most Active