Got My Orientation Session for AUG 13

blueeyes95
on 8/12/14 6:16 am - Toronto , Canada

This forum is awesome and everyone that is on it!!! I am new to this so I read and I have added a couple of post here and there, but honestly without all of you out there writing tips, and encouragement I would be lost!!! Thank you, because I was informed to call TWH to see if they had any cancellation as I was originally booked in Oct but when I called today they told to come in tomorrow. I am so excited!!! Thank you everyone

(deactivated member)
on 8/12/14 6:44 am - Toronto, Canada

Congrats to you! Always worth checking for those cancellations!

Dolly K.
on 8/12/14 7:36 am

See you tomorrow :) I got through cancellation as well :)

kimber291
on 8/12/14 9:50 am, edited 8/12/14 9:51 am - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14

Congrats to those who got through to an earlier session. But please remember that while your waiting, do all your research. I was very quick with my timeline and while I feel very lucky to have done so. I took the time before the referral was sent in and the waiting time to read everything possible there is to read and I asked lots of questions too. I learnt so much and I feel that is why I have been as successful as I have been thus far. I was 6 months out yesterday and I'm down almost 76 pounds. (My weigh in day is tomorrow, every Wednesday) I am 15 to 20 pounds from goal. I say it that way as I haven't quite decided on an exact number as of yet. My surgeon has said he doesn't want me any lower than 125. I guess I will know when I get there :-)

Good luck to you all, educate yourselves! It's quite the journey and you can never know too much or ask too many questions! 

Kim xo

Referral - Oct 29/13

Info Session - Nov 18/13...1st surgeon appt - Nov 26/13...RN/SW/RD - Dec - 4/13...Dr.Glazer - Jan 8/14...2nd Surgeon appt - Jan 22/14 PATTS - Jan 29/14...

SURGERY!!!! FEBRUARY 11th 2014.

blueeyes95
on 8/12/14 11:02 pm - Toronto , Canada

Thanks Kim for the advice I have been researching this for about an year now and had seen how it starts and outcomes and the down side of it too, my sister in-law did it 5 years ago.  I have a list of question and feel that some of them may be stupid, but I am going to ask them anyways.  I am excited to start and new chapter in my life and this is my start. Congrats on your success and keep up the good work!!  

Dolly K.
on 8/14/14 4:26 am

So what you thought of orientation? My appointment with Nurse is on Dec 17th ... Seems to be so late 4 months out . Apparently  you can't book any other appointments until this is done :(

blueeyes95
on 8/14/14 4:47 am - Toronto , Canada

I thought it was good. My first appointment is with social worker Oct 17 and the the Nurse Practitioner on Dec 17 too.  It's ok will give us time to really research everything.

kathie1212
on 8/12/14 9:55 am - Stoney Creek , Canada

Congratulations! I've been waiting forever I am calling tomorrow to see if I can get in earlier!

ive had orientation etc waiting for appointment at the clinic October 6

Dolly K.
on 8/12/14 12:39 pm, edited 8/12/14 12:42 pm

Thank you so much for the advice Kim. I really appriciate it. This forum is full of information and everyday I learn something new . My younger sister actually went through the same procedure about two years ago and has given her surgeries for dummies book for me to read. orientation is the first step to this ladder. I am looking forward to have a healthy life onwards :) 

Most Active