WooHoo! Referral Received and Information Session Booked!

judyeliz
on 8/7/14 5:12 am
RNY on 04/24/15

Hi Blue,  Not sure if I can help much, I am new at all this too.  It sounds to me like your referral did not go to Humber, and that it went to Toronto Western.  You are booked for the the same Orientation Session I am, just at another hospital.  I think it is the mandatory session everyone must attend before moving on.

Hope this helps,

judy

(deactivated member)
on 8/7/14 5:32 am - Toronto, Canada

Hi B, looks like they scheduled you for orientation at a different location. TWH is right in the heart of downtown Toronto. Its where I am going through the process. TWH also has been amazing for me as far as getting in on a cancellation, and providing you an earlier date, in fact they encourage you to call and inquire, and they always got back to me within a few hours if I left a voicemail.

You do not need to bring anything with you to the TWH orientation, just be prepared to pay for parking if driving, and it last about 2.5 hours. Let me know if you have any questions at all :)

Jennifer

blueeyes95
on 8/7/14 5:26 am - Toronto , Canada

Thank you so much... When I got the letter last week I was so excited so I am on my way then yahoo!!!

(deactivated member)
on 8/7/14 5:37 am - Toronto, Canada

Congrats! Always feel amazing to start the journey and get going!!

blueeyes95
on 8/7/14 5:45 am - Toronto , Canada

It does and its been a long one so I looking forward and going in with a positive attitude!!! I am ready to work and you all on this website have the most amazing spirit, I love coming on here and reading all your goals, success and ideas its truly is a great feeling to have so much support!!!

Jennifer I can call into TWH so see if there are any cancellation or asked to put on a cancellation list?

Thanks B

(deactivated member)
on 8/7/14 5:51 am - Toronto, Canada

They don't actually have a cancellation list at TWH, but if you call and inquire for an earlier orientation date,  they will look for you and give you one if there are any available. They want to fill those empty spots too. I've found the staff there to be incredible and always helpful. The process has seemed to be pretty quick after orientation at TWH, knock on wood ( don't want to jinx it)  Good luck!

blueeyes95
on 8/8/14 12:30 am - Toronto , Canada

Hey Jennifer,

I called TWH today and you're right very nice and helpful people there.  She told me to call every Tuesday to see if someone has cancelled for wednesday information session. I was so delighted to hear that.  

Thanks again

B

nhuzzle1
on 8/7/14 10:32 am - Canada
RNY on 08/19/15

judyeliz Hi 

my name is kelly and i am having my orientation on sept 29th at keele is that the same for you mine is 1-4pm

i never recieved a list of medical records and tests that wanted me to bring with me guess i better read the 20pages again!!

i seriously happy too i will post and keep track your posts too both at the same stage of weight loss

kelly

judyeliz
on 8/8/14 3:12 am
RNY on 04/24/15

Hi Kelly,

It wasn't a list, but where they are asking about medical history, and tests you have had, there is a line beside to bring photocopies of certain tests and procedures, and unfortunately I have had a lot of them.  I am hoping my doctors office will be able to photocopy everything I need from my chart.

judy

Most Active