Feeling Ill

drag0nlady
on 8/7/14 8:57 am

Hey,

I am 3 1/2 weeks post op now.  I woke up with a fever of 99 degrees today.  Feeling itchy & super parched, dry mouth.  Also I am experiencing a lot of gas pain in my back & stomach which does get relieved with Gas-X.   Any ideas from the vets?

LittleMiss2013
on 8/7/14 9:40 am - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

Are you still taking pain medicine for post-op pain? That could explain the itchy and parched....also could explain the slight temperature elevation. I would keep taking your gas-x and keep an eye on your fever. I believe they had a "number" when I was post op....like if your fever goes to 101 or 102 then call the surgeon....but I am sure all surgeons are different. Keep an eye on it, try some tylenol to control the fever and if it goes to 100 I would call your surgeon and see what he says. Hope you feel better soon =)

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

GiGisGirl
on 8/7/14 11:35 am, edited 8/7/14 11:35 am
Karen M.
on 8/7/14 7:58 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well. If it was me with a fever and itching and not feeling well at 3.5 weeks post-op, I would call my centre for advice.

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Monica M.
on 8/7/14 11:33 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

doesn't sound good. Call your centre and ask for advice, but in the meantime, drink up!! you could be dehydrated, or it could be an infection brewing. You don't want to take chances.

drag0nlady
on 8/8/14 2:11 pm

HRRH Nurse advised me to go to my family doctor.  Turns out I have.... SHINGLES.  Yikes! but being treated quickly with anti viral meds.  Last thing I expected to find out today.

Karen M.
on 8/9/14 12:47 am - Mississauga, Canada

Oh my gosh, so sorry to hear that! VERY glad you saw a doctor - hoping you have a speedy recovery.

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active